1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Value of an X1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hornydragon, Aug 21, 2004.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Anyone tell me the likely S/H value of an Infocus X1???? 1390 hours on lamp 12 months old, no warranty i am aware of (unless manufacturers was longer) non smoking environment.

Any ideas or recently sold, bought units???

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hiya Horny :blush:

AFAIK, the lamp life on the X1 was revised upwards by Infocus to 3000hrs from experience in the field - a check on technut's FAQ (link in our own FAQ) should confirm - I think it needs a firmware upgrade to stop the pj asking for a new lamp at 2000 hrs.

I reckon you need to take into account the recent price of the X1s, current price of the X2 (although no DCDI) or the 4800 (or other X1 clones). The danger with a "wild stab in the dark" kind of opinion in that someone in the "For Sale" might think "Well X person only thinks it's worth £xxx..........." -

You could always try it in the For Sale forum and haggle - there have been a few pjs for sale there recently which would give you an idea of the 2nd hand market here.

I'm happy to give an opinion (for what it's worth......) onthread or by PM if you like - no point in advertising your bottom line if you want to sell it here !

Sean.

3. Gene

Gene
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just to clarify, the X1 lamp life has been revised to 4000 hours !!!.

if you have a very old firmware you may need to update it so it wont keep nagging you to change lamp after 3000 hours

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,086
    Was that due to a newer lamp? If so, then the existing lamp will still need to be changed at the original lamps time span. If it's just a newer method of starting/running the lamp, then perhaps that'll extend the life span. Anyone know for certain?

Gary.

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Gary, as far as I can recall, the upgrading of the lamp-life was not due to a lamp change - from experience, Infocus revised the lamplife upwards and changed the firmware. Prior to the change the pj would not run beyond 3000hrs, with the firware change this run time was increased to 4000hrs. The following from Infocus:

Sean.

6. aliasmonkey

aliasmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you get the firmware upgrade? can you do it yourself?

7. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There's a link to technut's excellent X1 page in the FAQ at the top of this forum - all you need is there.

S.

8. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Just as idea of a price i payed £325 for one just last week of here :) bargain with 30 hours gone they seem to go for around 500 on ebay