Valkyrie Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Alan Paterson, 20th May 2009
‘Valkyrie’ explodes on to Blu-ray with an intriguing story line about the July 20th assassination attempt on the life of Adolf Hitler. The first rate cast, headed up by Tom Cruise turn in very credible performances and the movie holds your interest during its full running time. We’re presented with a particularly good looking 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 transfer, framed correctly at 1.85:1. The image is consistently sharp with realistic colour as befits the World War 2 period and subject matter. The DTS-HD MA 5.1 lossless surround track is clean and crisp to help focus on the dialogue while the explosive effects make you jump out of your seat. An interesting set of extras, including a 2 hour documentary provide a great package for historians and movie buffs alike.

Read the full review...

Been looking forward to this myself as I too missed it's cinema run for one reason or another...unfortunatly, I have to wait another few weeks for the Region B release...hopefully it's as feature packed as this one - that doc sounds great.

Thanks for the excellent review...:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom