Valkyria Chronicles, imports and DLC

RichKS

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I've got a Japanese PS3 I bought just over a year ago. My girlfriend recently bought me a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but appears to have bought a US copy. Not much of a problem, plays fine, obviously.

Thing is, I've never bought any game add-ons for the PS3 (since I own a 360 and most stuff comes out earlier/cheaper on that) so I'm not exactly sure if I can buy the DLC from the UK PSN Shop, will it work with the US version of the game on a Japanese console?

Cheers for any advice,

Rich

if its a us copy any dlc you buy for it will have to be off a u.s account :smashin:

I'm pretty sure it means you'll have to get the US DLC. There are threads on this forum somewhere about how to purchase from the US store if you need them. I suggest finishing that wonderful game before getting any of the DLC anyway!
The fact it is a Japanese console should not affect anything, just what version of the game disc it is.

EDIT: Damn you jon33c beating me to it!

Guys,

I've got a Japanese PS3 I bought just over a year ago. My girlfriend recently bought me a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but appears to have bought a US copy. Not much of a problem, plays fine, obviously.

Thing is, I've never bought any game add-ons for the PS3 (since I own a 360 and most stuff comes out earlier/cheaper on that) so I'm not exactly sure if I can buy the DLC from the UK PSN Shop, will it work with the US version of the game on a Japanese console?

Cheers for any advice,

Rich

all ps3 games are region free ......

but i think (but could be wrong):confused:
that if it's a USA game you have to download form the US store

same as UK game you need to DL it from the UK store ....

some will know better than i so hang on for a bit ....:D

andrew

edit: i need to type faster

Cheers guys, that's good to know.

I remember you could add funds to your US account $5 at a time from a mastercard and it doesn't check the address. Is there an easier way?

Cheers guys, that's good to know.

I remember you could add funds to your US account $5 at a time from a mastercard and it doesn't check the address. Is there an easier way?

Maybe easier in the long term is setting up a virtual visa card with entropay. As far as I know it's like a pre pay visa card and no matter how much you put on it/use it won't check your address.

EDIT: check the first post of this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-...ontent-us-store-without-mastercard-works.html

Last edited:
you can buy "gift cards" form certain sites
that will let you use your debit or visa card to buy $ 5 10 15
so you use to DL dlc form USA or JAP store's

i'll have a look to fine them.....

Hi,

So I was wondering, I have a US system, but i created a JPN network ID and that's the account that I used to play VC. So it has all my saves and everything. If I want to get the DLC for this game, I would need to get it from the US store correct (provided the game is US).

So, if I download from the US store, will I be able to play the DLC from my JPN account?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom