Valkyria Chronicles, imports and DLC

RichKS

Guys,

I've got a Japanese PS3 I bought just over a year ago. My girlfriend recently bought me a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but appears to have bought a US copy. Not much of a problem, plays fine, obviously.

Thing is, I've never bought any game add-ons for the PS3 (since I own a 360 and most stuff comes out earlier/cheaper on that) so I'm not exactly sure if I can buy the DLC from the UK PSN Shop, will it work with the US version of the game on a Japanese console?

Cheers for any advice,

Rich

ThuGLy

if its a us copy any dlc you buy for it will have to be off a u.s account :smashin:

FourthLion

I'm pretty sure it means you'll have to get the US DLC. There are threads on this forum somewhere about how to purchase from the US store if you need them. I suggest finishing that wonderful game before getting any of the DLC anyway!
The fact it is a Japanese console should not affect anything, just what version of the game disc it is.

EDIT: Damn you jon33c beating me to it!

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Guys,

I've got a Japanese PS3 I bought just over a year ago. My girlfriend recently bought me a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but appears to have bought a US copy. Not much of a problem, plays fine, obviously.

Thing is, I've never bought any game add-ons for the PS3 (since I own a 360 and most stuff comes out earlier/cheaper on that) so I'm not exactly sure if I can buy the DLC from the UK PSN Shop, will it work with the US version of the game on a Japanese console?

Cheers for any advice,

Rich

all ps3 games are region free ......

but i think (but could be wrong):confused:
that if it's a USA game you have to download form the US store

same as UK game you need to DL it from the UK store ....

some will know better than i so hang on for a bit ....:D

andrew

edit: i need to type faster

RichKS

Cheers guys, that's good to know.

I remember you could add funds to your US account $5 at a time from a mastercard and it doesn't check the address. Is there an easier way?

FourthLion

Cheers guys, that's good to know.

I remember you could add funds to your US account $5 at a time from a mastercard and it doesn't check the address. Is there an easier way?

Maybe easier in the long term is setting up a virtual visa card with entropay. As far as I know it's like a pre pay visa card and no matter how much you put on it/use it won't check your address.

EDIT: check the first post of this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-...ontent-us-store-without-mastercard-works.html

Last edited:

sykotik

Distinguished Member
you can buy "gift cards" form certain sites
that will let you use your debit or visa card to buy $ 5 10 15
so you use to DL dlc form USA or JAP store's

i'll have a look to fine them.....

D

dlj23

Hi,

So I was wondering, I have a US system, but i created a JPN network ID and that's the account that I used to play VC. So it has all my saves and everything. If I want to get the DLC for this game, I would need to get it from the US store correct (provided the game is US).

So, if I download from the US store, will I be able to play the DLC from my JPN account?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom