Validation of PS+ Games on Vita

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how the validation of PS+ games works on the Vita. Lately I’ve been having a lot of issues trying to play plus games whilst not connected to a network, just getting an error message that I’m not connected to PSN when trying launch the game.

Presumably the issue is that it’s trying to validate that I’m currently subbed and therefore have the right to play the plus games. However this didn’t seem to happen as frequently in the past and I certainly had fewer issues playing whilst commuting.

Just uses wifi as far as i'm aware?

Sadly I only uses mine on holidays now, so it's been a while since I've registered anything. There has been some firmware updates lately, is it possible one of those has gotten stricter (re: hacks etc), or your wifi chip has gone dodgy?

I just had this issue whilst on holiday all my PSN+ games on one of my cards required me to access a network, which was unavailable as i was on a plane which was annoying.
Next time i had network access i had to load each individual game so they would then load without a network connection. Will need to check my psn+ games before i travel next to check they are all working in airplane mode.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom