Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K UHD

HELP101

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you no that ( Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K UHD ) is up for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk for £19.50 if someone is after it hope this helps.

Thanks I will take a punt.

Watched it today, enjoyed it quite a bit, visuals, designs etc were stunning. This should be a gorgeous looking UHD.
My copy is pre ordered :thumbsup:

Watched it today, enjoyed it quite a bit, visuals, designs etc were stunning. This should be a gorgeous looking UHD.
My copy is pre ordered :thumbsup:
Watched it myself today, was hoping for IMAX, but Dunkirk was still on. Sound and picture was stunning, so an absolute must for UHD. Its a great sit back, don't over think what your watching and just enjoy the ride.

Up to £23 now

Glad I ordered from Amazon when it was £19.50. The 3d edition also up to £19.99 now.

Amazon are doing a 4K UHD/2D/3D combo steelbook for £28.99, thread here :)
Can't see where it says it's a steelbook but the 4K/3D combo isn't too bad a price even if you got an order in at the original £19.50 for the 4K alone. And an even better price at the 4K current price of £22.99

Can't see where it says it's a steelbook but the 4K/3D combo isn't too bad a price even if you got an order in at the original £19.50 for the 4K alone. And an even better price at the 4K current price of £22.99
Just replied to you in thread but it will be a steelbook :)

^^^^ excellent stuff to the above. Thanks! I quite literally just ordered the zavvi 2d/3d steel 10mins ago for £22.50 - so that's a nice £13 saving for me with this amazon steel combo.

I'll cancel my £19.50 UHD order and my Zavvi steel order once amazon confirm in the listing that is a steel combo.

^^^^ excellent stuff to the above. Thanks! I quite literally just ordered the zavvi 2d/3d steel 10mins ago for £22.50 - so that's a nice £13 saving for me with this amazon steel combo.

I'll cancel my £19.50 UHD order and my Zavvi steel order once amazon confirm in the listing that is a steel combo.

Yeah wait a while, those two reps could still make a fool of me, heads will roll I tell ya, heads will roll! :rotfl:. They were insistent it was a steelbook exclusive to them and that the relevant team would sort the listing out soon. The steelbook temp artwork is being used on the listing too so bodes well.

It is typical with many Amazon listings though, being ambiguous for a good while, take the listing for The Dark Tower as another example, clearly a steelbook (I know for sure one is happening) but doesn't yet say so.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah wait a while, those two reps could still make a fool of me, heads will roll I tell ya, heads will roll! :rotfl:. They were insistent it was a steelbook exclusive to them and that the relevant team would sort the listing out soon. The steelbook temp artwork is being used on the listing too so bodes well.

It is typical with many Amazon listings though, being ambiguous for a good while, take the listing for The Dark Tower as another example, clearly a steelbook (I know for sure one is happening) but doesn't yet say so.
That dark tower one, I assume it's going to be the 1080p bluray only though isn't it?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Gone up a pound already to £29.99 and it's not even a steelbook yet... :(
Well ordered and just checked and I got it at £28.99 so will wait and see

Got it at £28.99 as well just need the same for Despicable Me 3 and Terminator 2;)

Damn it. Why a steelbook? I don't want a steelbook. First world problems I know but what is wrong with a normal case?

Probably cancel my pre-order.

It's been confirmed, this will also include Dolby Vision

^ Only took them a month, but Amazon have finally updated listing to confirm it's a steelbook :)

Thread: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Amazon UK Exclusive) (4K UHD/2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbook)

Steelbook artwork updated, see thread link above.

4K amaray artwork:
valerian_tp_4k-jpg.923336

Attachments

• Valerian_TP_4K.jpg
    Valerian_TP_4K.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 878
Received this yesterday & even though i haven't watched it from begining to end, or concentrated totally on what the film is about, it is visually stunning !!!

Received this yesterday & even though i haven't watched it from begining to end, or concentrated totally on what the film is about, it is visually stunning !!!
Most feedback has been quite negative. Comments of picture being dull and flat.
The comments in this review were shared by a large majority of viewers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom