Valentines question

chris redfield

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm in a bit of a tricky situation. i've made good friends with a girl online over the last couple of months and i'm thinking about the idea of sending her some type of present for valentines. she lives on the other end of the country (shes up north and i'm down south) I only know what city she lives in other than that I haven't asked her. I'd like it to be a sort of romantic surprise so I kind of feel a bit awkward asking her for her address! or telling her i'd like to send her something but I kind of see that as being my only options. anyone got any other ideas? not really sure about this working, but I may have to just send some type of e-card or something instead.

What about sending it to where she works? I did that for a girl I met and got on well as friends. All ended badly though as I married her last may (insert devil smiley here) :)

What about sending it to where she works? I did that for a girl I met and got on well as friends. All ended badly though as I married her last may (insert devil smiley here) :)

good idea but I think she's out of work at the moment.
congrats on tieing the knot!

the stalker in me thinks theres got to be a way to find out where she lives, internet database or something, if you know her city and name

the stalker in me thinks theres got to be a way to find out where she lives, internet database or something, if you know her city and name

Probably you might have to pay though. Does she have Facebook? If so could you ask one of her friends?

May be hard without coming across a bit stalker-ish

ha yea. I know her full name although its a common name, particularly her second name.

Probably you might have to pay though. Does she have Facebook? If so could you ask one of her friends?

yea she's mentioned facebook and being on there, I don't have it though, I quit in 2007 and never really went back.

Hope she doesnt know your AVF screen name or it could get worse :D :rotfl:

Unless she's opted out, she should be on the electoral roll database.

Unless she's opted out, she should be on the electoral roll database.

Indeed, unless they've opted out they should be on 192.com - you're supposed to pay but there are ways of finding it out for free using that site.

I wouldn't advise that though as it's pretty stalkerish and would probably freak her out more than asking her for it :laugh:

I would just ask for it. Even if you did find out some how she's going to ask how you got it and then you will look like a right weirdo. If shes friendly enough for you to be able to send a gift then I'm sure it will be okay to ask.

yea I think i'm gonna have to ask. damn stalkers eh, tainting my romantic gestures! I do actually remember the days when I was a kid and I used to drop cards to girls I fancied and left it as a mystery. probably can't really do that now either.:laugh:

I met my wife in 1976. Never bought her a Valentine's card or present. What more does she need than me.:D

gibbsy said:
I met my wife in 1976. Never bought her a Valentine's card or present. What more does she need than me.:D

It was the uniform that won her heart.

just out of interest are there any sites which specialize in sending valentines presents? I know moonpig do cards for special occasions but is there something similar for gifts?

just out of interest are there any sites which specialize in sending valentines presents? I know moonpig do cards for special occasions but is there something similar for gifts?

Interflora :smashin: What more do you need :D

You could..

1) Try and get her address through a friend or family but that could be misinterpreted and she may find out anyhow

or

2) Ask her outright for her postal address, suggesting you'd like to send her a card - whereas in truth you actually send something a lot better /nicer / more romantic

This way you'll almost certainly get her address, nobody else is involved, there's no margin for error and the surprise of getting something better than she expected will probably achieve what you're hoping for

All the best

You could..

1) Try and get her address through a friend or family but that could be misinterpreted and she may find out anyhow

or

2) Ask her outright for her postal address, suggesting you'd like to send her a card - whereas in truth you actually send something a lot better /nicer / more romantic

This way you'll almost certainly get her address, nobody else is involved, there's no margin for error and the surprise of getting something better than she expected will probably achieve what you're hoping for

All the best

great idea, think i'll probably go with 2 thanks.:thumbsup:

CrucialM500 said:
Why not turn up in your Resident Evil costume?

:laugh:

I must be one of those women that gets talked about on here, one of those ones that has something wrong with their wiring, as I hate valentines day! To me the worst present a guy can give me is flowers or chocolates. So boring and predicable with no thought to it at all. Either buy something I'll genuinely like or preferably nothing at all. :)

Hotel Chocolat, have a look at their site.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom