Quantcast

Valentine's day.

Barbs77

Distinguished Member
I loath retirement, I am one of those weirdos who loved my work, the early mornings ETC.
I loved my work and the retirement prezzie and party made me realise they appreciated me more than I thought but I planned to retire at 55 I carried on till 58 and I am enjoying it (2 weeks in). Today is my chill day as I have been stripping woodchip paper of the walls in one of the bedrooms this week. I would of got a decorator in to do it in the past but all though it isn't easy I am enjoying it.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I loved my work and the retirement prezzie and party made me realise they appreciated me more than I thought but I planned to retire at 55 I carried on till 58 and I am enjoying it (2 weeks in). Today is my chill day as I have been stripping woodchip paper of the walls in one of the bedrooms this week. I would of got a decorator in to do it in the past but all though it isn't easy I am enjoying it.
Although I am only 66 I practically retired when I was 55 due to ill health and it is not fun, there are only so many times you can decorate. :)

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Consumerism that neither of us is bothered with.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
We've never bothered with Valentine's day, we do and try and do something on the 14th because it's my birthday.

Ironically we're in Spain this week visiting friends and it's a curry tonight as it's the only place not doing a Valentine's meal

Last edited:

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Nothing to do tonight? Spend your Valentine's Day outside a restaurant shouting, "you moved on pretty quickly" to random couples as they come in.

Sloppy Bob

M & S are back at it again.

Previously it was their "Love Sausage" this year it's the "Love Cucumber"

love-cucumber-featured-f91f.jpg

I'll leave it to an expert to comment.....

kenneth-williams-gif-3.gif
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

ThereIs0nly0ne

Most years I make my wife a card and usually a rose (out of paper, pipe cleaners or similar). She keeps them all.

Tuono r

Over the past 50 years, never ever thought of VD. As some have said pure consumerism.
Restaurants bump up their prices just for that day, anyways ours is June.
But this last year my wife got 50 roses.
I told her, I was saving them all up each year just for this day.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Got the Mrs an overnight stay for two in a hotel with spa use, evening meal and breakfast (and late check-out). It'll be her and the daughter who go before you start :)

I also got her some chocolates, a book and a card.

I got bugger all :D

Not long until March 14th...

SDMDAM

Haven't celebrated since my wife and I first dated nearly 30 years ago.

For me it's more about thinking of her and showing that as often as I can. Example where yesterday I bought some M&S luxury hit Cross buns as I knew she liked them. When I came home today from taking my Mum shopping, my wife remarked how delighted she was to find the hot cross buns and had one for breakkie.

That said, if people do celebrate then good luck to them and I hope they had a nice day.