1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAIO DVD Player Region Hack?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Lex, May 9, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Can any of you help me?

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with an internal DVD-Rom drive which I would like to convert to multi region. However, as it would be a hell of a lot more expensive to replace than a standard desktop one I am loath to risk damaging it!

Has anyone ever hacked one, or know someone who has? I have done some searches on the web, but can't find anything! :(

Any advice appreciated!

(Sony VAIO FX series)

2. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I modded my compaq amarda dvd-rom a few weeks back, so in theory the procedure i used should be the same.
    1) Use cdinfo to find the exact make and firmware revision your dvd-rom is using ( //www.cdvdinfo.subnet.dk/ )-also see if its locked to a region or region free already. If it is skip the below step.
    2) Look up your firmware on
    //perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/
    Then download the PATCHED firmware from the same place-making the drive region free.
    Just read all the disclosure stuff to otherwise you might wreck your drive.
    3) On top of that any dvd SOFTWARE also needs to have its region code bypassed. I recomend dvdgenie. I think thats also on the above link.

I think thats it,
    Spunky