1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vader's Helmet

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mole69, May 21, 2005.

1. Mole69

Mole69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few months ago, someone posted a link on the Star Wars thread called starwarshelmets.com. I had a look and there were many Darth Vader helmets on there from each of the original trilogy. There were quite a few noticeable differences in the overall look of Vader's helmet in the three movies, and replicas have been made of each.

Now Episode III is in cinemas, does anybody else out there think there is a different look yet again to his helmet?

I think the arch over the tops of the eyes is quite wide compared to the original trilogy. There may be other differences you may have spotted.

And what would be the reason for the different designs in each movie, from the story's point of view? Does Anakin periodically change his wardrobe, or upgrade his apparatus?

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    hey fashion changes, he most likelt spends most saturdays in Top Man and Burtons :D

i did he somewhere that vaders helmet in Ep III is symetrical for the first time.

Gary

3. Jack-Deth

Jack-Deth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,340
    IIRC there is an extra on the Star Wars "original and still the best" trilogy box set, outlining the process of the making of the new helmet. I might be wrong though.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes there is a featurette on the 4th disc of the Star Wars trilogy box set showing the making of the new helmet - apparently it is only now that they can design it in 3D on a computer that they can get it properly balanced as it was always slightly lopsided before... so there we go, Anakin was the chosen one who brought balance to the helmet! :D

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    What you mean GL has digitally "balanced the helmet" for the DVD - is he aware that he has left something original untouched :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Gary

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Read the thread title, immediate first thought was 'fnarr fnarr' :rolleyes:

7. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Check out the The Real Thing :smashin: This is on my x mas list :lease: These were £600 a few Months back but are now only £445/500 ;)