• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

V6 installed,low volume

mors

Established Member
I had new V6 box installed today and it is very much faster than old Tivo box.However I find that volume is very low.I am using it with my Sony 75X9405 and wireless subwoofer.The sound with the Tivo box was excellent and normal volume was around 30 out of 100 and very rarely over 40.With V6 I have to go to at least 65 and even then it still sounds weedy.I have changed Dolby Digital to PCM but no improvement.I have another engineer coming tomorrow but having read some comments on Virgin Media forum it seems that this is a known problem.It would appear that gain must have been set very low at factory.Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I noticed a few channels seemed lower volume including BBC1 HD but nothing too much out of the ordinary and most channels don't seem to need a higher setting than I use with Tivo

Smudger1

Established Member
I've got my V6 going through my A/V amp, via HDMI. Volume settings are pretty much the same as my old Tivo (-35 to -40dB). There's an odd occasion when everything is quiet on CBeebies HD, but that's quite rare.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom