1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3 Sky+ & DD - not working?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gstadt, Sep 19, 2005.

1. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've recently had the v3 Sky+ installed and the optical output wasn't working. Phoned Sky and they said it required a software update which will happen the future (when - who knows?). Is this the same for all v3 Sky+ owners? Are there any who actually have their optical output working even with just PCM?

2. guvvie

guvvie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I thought it was my box that was broke, didn't really wanna phone and complain because I managed to get a new V3 box as part of the refurb deal and didnt want it swapped for a v1 or a v2. Thanks for the info, hope its sorted soon.

3. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cheers for the reply. I'm just trying to establish if what Sky told me is correct i.e. all PVR3's have the optical output disabled pending a software upgrade. Anyone with a Pace PVR3 with optical output working? Is it the box?

4. Abbs985uk

Abbs985uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a PVR3 box connected to my amp, via optical cable, and it works fine. On sky movies 1-3 you the amp recognises DD sound output and switches to accept it as a 5.1 signal or thx etc.

5. ma_s

ma_s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had one installed through a Denon amp, and its working fine also. RGB Scart to RGB not working as i'd expect tho.