1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V3 moto on Orange upgrade??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ebury, Nov 16, 2004.

1. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Has anybody on these forums had a V3 razr on an upgrade yet??
    I phoned over four weeks ago and was told i could have one but were out of stock,with new stock coming in later that week for testing.Now after waiting a while every time i contact them,im told 'we have no stock or we dont know when we will be getting any'.So,if anyone has had an upgrade or even been able to get one of these via there customer service number,please let me know :thumbsup: Seems like they wont let me have it until its out of date???

2. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You'll find though that if you want to start a new contract they will have plenty of stock :nono:
    I got my V3 yesterday and it was cheaper to start a new contract than upgrade anyway. I was getting quoted silly money to upgrade, I got mine from phoneshopdirect.com for £79.95 on a OVP O2 100 contract and it was the best price I could find. I went on their website the next day and it had gone up to £99.95 :eek: , they must have made a mistake or done some checking on their competitors. The only drawback I could see with starting a new contract is that I couldn't port my number over, apparently you can't if you want to stay with Orange as they then class it as an upgrade and charge you a lot more!
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

3. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Funny you post this because I had a return call from Orange tonight about the very same phone...........£150 to upgrade and they have them in stock. I'm on the Talk 200 contract BTW. Had to question the price as last week when I phoned up I was told £129.99!!!

4. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Thats the same price as The Link told me in town yesterday..

5. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Now i am starting to get peeee'd off!!I have an uprade price given by orange for just £10 :eek: :eek:
    Now what do i do??It seems they must have bualked at the price and will deny having stock :mad: :mad:
    Sily thing is i was willing to pay £100+,but looks as if i am now waisting my time
    Does anyone know a complaint number for customer services?

6. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got mine on Orange the weekend that it came out. Cost me £150 to upgrade on Everyday 50 (£15 p/m). I think it was about 2 months ago.

Chris

7. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193

I cancelled my Orange contract due to this reason ! You should try this - tell them you want a V3 but was told they had none so you've decided to join another network (get info first!). Chances are they may well match the other tarrif to keep you and LO! a V3 could appear!

Of course it may backfire and they take you up on your cancellation - but you can call back a day later and say you've changed your mind.

(Of course, I am not responsible for anything that happens SHOULD you try this on - but it worked for me in the past)

8. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    cheers for all the advice folks,but i have finaly got my V3(for £0!!!!)
    I cant see why orange keep you hanging on waiting,when they could be upfront about stock levels?
    Still i cant realy complain know though!!!

cheers all

9. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Not fair .... you have to tell us what you did to get it for £0 ;)

10. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Not sure why?As i was originaly offered for £10,but then given for nothing as i had waited and phoned up every day for nearly five weeks :eek: :eek:
    I have been with them for three years but have been on a 3 tarrif that orange matched last year :smoke: but still only spend £32 on average evry month (£25 is for 500 mins)
    All the hassle must get you somewhere in the end!!