1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V3 Homescreen - can i change it????

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by V3Mad, Jun 1, 2005.

1. V3Mad

V3Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

im new round here ..... so HI.

I have a question about the V3. The main homescreen has 4 icons all related to the round button, UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT.

The UP one is related to the internet, but sometimes i accidentally hit the UP button and start to connect. I DONT WANT TOO.

Is there anyway of changing the homescreen so the UP doesnt activate the internet.

Ta for any help people.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    See the long V3 thread on here - in particular about seem files, and how to edit them. I don't know whether what you want to do is possible, but the entire phone operation is controlled by these files.

3. V3Mad

V3Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, i will now trawl through the pages.

Ta

4. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +330
    Hey mate!

I had the same problem and I didnt have the time to bother about editing the system files. In the security settings you can give the internet connection a security combination (like a pin number). I dont have my v3 anymore so I cant explain exactly where in the options it is, but you can lock out all the phone features too like messaging and games etc.