• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

V20 alternatives?

monkeez

Hi guys,
I recently bought a 42V20 from John Lewis and was really happy with it......but the dreaded buzz started.
So i'm looking to replace it with another model/make. I am considering the G30 but JL dont have this model so i'll have to ask for a refund from them and get it elsewhere.
What other 42" plasmas do people recommend for SD/HD and gaming? around the £700 bracket

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Cant think of another 42" plasma at the moment, I will say though that from what I've read and seen the G30 isn't as good as the V20, I'm looking to replace my faulty V20 with a VT30 or GT30. Then I paid 1200 for my set, the G30s prob the best 42" you'll get for 700. Its not that the G30s a bad set its bound to be better in some ways as its the new model, but it doesn't have freesat and more important to me, the black level isn't as good.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom