V10 ethernet question

cliveuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya,
when ever i connect my V10 to my router (speedtouch 536) it causes it to disconnect and reboot at random, anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
i have the same issue myself (and a sppedtouch router) and im with Be ISP.

Last edited:
hmm i wonder if its the tv or the router
i`ll send an email to panasonic and see what they think although they will probably blame the router

Last edited:
it sems to freak the router out when it is being used as a media server ie watching films etc.i have had it hooked upto the router now for use only with viera cast and its rock solid.watching from the media server on the other hand throws it right out.

anyone with any insight into routers ?

mine freaks out even if im not using media server or viera cast it seems just being connected causes it to disconnect/reboot at random?

spoke to soon.router just rebooted and the tv is only hooked up,not even using the viera cast or tools.

i have emailed panasonic so if they come up with anyhing i`ll let you know.
hopefully someone might come up with a few ideas on here to

When you guys mean "reboot" - does it mean full router reboot with ADSL resynch or just loosing LAN connection (i.e. maybe DHCP lease re-new).

P.S. Does Panasonic have an option to request static IP instead of DHCP?

When you guys mean "reboot" - does it mean full router reboot with ADSL resynch or just loosing LAN connection (i.e. maybe DHCP lease re-new).

P.S. Does Panasonic have an option to request static IP instead of DHCP?

full router reboot for me.a click from the router,followed by all lights off, then the flashing lights commence.

With a BT Home Hub it happened once on first connection but then never again. I have had the ocassional drop out but only for a minute or two. That can usually be solved by simply closing and re-opening viera cast.

I have a semi wireless connction by plugging the wireless ethernet link that came with my free BT Vision box. So there are no new wires across the room.

full router reboot for me to, it just does it at random and it doesnt seem to matter if im using viera cast or not....very strange :confused:

Try going into the router GUI and disabling the UPnP function and see if that makes a difference. It's in the gaming and application sharing section. Also what version of firmware are your routers running?

Try going into the router GUI and disabling the UPnP function and see if that makes a difference. It's in the gaming and application sharing section. Also what version of firmware are your routers running?

tried that and it was effecting xbox live then.

tried that and it was effecting xbox live then.

Yes this will be a side effect that devices that control port forwarding via UPnP will not work automatically. You can work round this by defining a manual port forward rule. I'd still be interested to find out if disabling the UPnP cures the reboot issue you are seeing with the Panasonic connected.

Yes this will be a side effect that devices that control port forwarding via UPnP will not work automatically. You can work round this by defining a manual port forward rule. I'd still be interested to find out if disabling the UPnP cures the reboot issue you are seeing with the Panasonic connected.

im going to connect it back up now with upnp off then :smashin: back in a bit.

so far so good with upnp off.streaming a few files now and that was what killed it last time and it hasnt missed a beat.to early yet but it looks like it could be the upnp.

what the hell is upnp and why does it effect the tv when its on,yet the xbox doesnt like it when its off ?

hiya, im just off to work but i`ll try this later when i get home and get back to you
thanks for the replys

hows it going silver?
as im working the late shift this week i dont want to change it over and get moaned at later because the connection keep dropping :)

hows it going silver?
as im working the late shift this week i dont want to change it over and get moaned at later because the connection keep dropping :)

hello mate.been rock solid.no drop outs so far:thumbsup:

Moonshine should be awarded "post of the week" imho :D

brilliant, thanks moonshine :smashin:

Was just going to comment that mines been fine with no drop outs or reboots.

That's with a Belkin Router, although as a side note I never use upnp. I always set up manual port fowarding as I think it's more secure.

Hi, glad to here the routers are holding up. Could those that have had issues please post the model and firmware version. Thanks

Hi, glad to here the routers are holding up. Could those that have had issues please post the model and firmware version. Thanks

speedtouch 780

Software Release: 6.1.4.3

and thanks again:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom