v1.70 firmware & Sonic

HDPete

Novice Member
I've noticed on the intro screens in Sonic that the audio stutters during playback. The game arrived after I'd upgraded to v1.7 so I can't say what it was like before, but when I saw the demo in the shop it played fine (presumably a lower firmware version).

The audio is currently just through the AV cable to the L+R on the TV (no fussy optical connections, just good old fashioned simple connections).

It's almost as if the PS3 can't process the data quick enough......

Any ideas? I had heard RFOM users had similar problems after upgrading but can't find any official posts to that effect.

Pete

HDPete

Novice Member
Yep. The very one. OMG it is a dreadful game, but the intros are good HD demos and the lad likes it.

Any ideas why the audio is stut...stut..stuttering?

andyjenkins

Yep. The very one. OMG it is a dreadful game, but the intros are good HD demos and the lad likes it.

Any ideas why the audio is stut...stut..stuttering?

My daughter has the new PS3 Sonic game, and I can vouch that as of 1.6 there was no stuttering. I've already upgraded to 1.7 so I'll try and give Sonic a try later tonight and see if audio is now a problem.

andyjenkins

Sorry for the delay ... did'nt get chance to look at this last night as wife was playing Sudoku all night :mad:

Anyway - the little 'un wanted to play Sonic today so I paid special attention, but I have to say it was perfect audio everywhere - in the intro's and also in game too.

If you can't test the disc in another PS3, I'd suggest a swap ?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom