V+ updates??

Animal388

Standard Member
Reaction score
plz can some1 tell how long this is suposed to take got back from work... mines on the purple screen saying plz do not disconect box update in progress, and has been so for over an hour now???

plz can some1 tell how long this is suposed to take got back from work... mines on the purple screen saying plz do not disconect box update in progress, and has been so for over an hour now???
From what i can gather a big update is going on.;)

Mine's knackered also updating :mad:

It's a pain, I have to choose one of 540 odd DVD's to watch instead :rolleyes:

Oh good, I'm in for trouble when Mrs Meltonboy returns home from work, if this has prevented Home & Away from being recorded at 6pm :eek::eek:

MB

PS - It's not my choice of show, so no comments please :suicide:

PPS - anyone know if this is happening now in London ? The other thread indicated diffferent times for different places, and 2 of these kind folks in this thread have liverpool related user names...

Same here, I am in Brighton. Have re-booted twice and box is on second update for last 15 minutes.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Whats going on got home at 5.20 to a dont swith off message updating the time is now 7.35 and still no joy :thumbsdow

David............

Have just seen this reply to what appears to be the same issue, this was posted on another forum so dont blame me if it's wrong !!

Message currently playing out on the faults line -

V+ Customers who are seeing the message 'Important - do not switch your box off' and changing numbers on the front panel. Need to undertake the following:

Press the standby button on the front panel of the V+ box until the message 'boot' is displayed on the front panel. The box will then display the Virgin Media logo and the words 'Powering up... just a moment'

The box needs to be left alone and NOT SWITCHED OFF. We will fix the issue ASAP remotely.

The display on mine shows "h766" with the 3 numbers changing all the time. Does this mean it's updating?

Have just seen this reply to what appears to be the same issue, this was posted on another forum so dont blame me if it's wrong !!

Message currently playing out on the faults line -

V+ Customers who are seeing the message 'Important - do not switch your box off' and changing numbers on the front panel. Need to undertake the following:

Press the standby button on the front panel of the V+ box until the message 'boot' is displayed on the front panel. The box will then display the Virgin Media logo and the words 'Powering up... just a moment'

The box needs to be left alone and NOT SWITCHED OFF. We will fix the issue ASAP remotely.
Done this now the screen is frozen with the Powering up message on it .
come on virgin whats going on :suicide:

David.........

mines the same, dont bother to phone virgin, they just put you on hold and never com back :mad:

i phoned 3 times!

just got back from fishing.... 4 hours now and still updating.... cheshire area ***!! i want refund for loss of tv for a day :)

just got back from fishing.... 4 hours now and still updating.... cheshire area ***!! i want refund for loss of tv for a day :)

that would be around a £1 then :rotfl:

mines being going on for ages now, all sorts digits, thought it was knarckered:confused:

mines being going on for ages now, all sorts digits, thought it was knarckered:confused:
Hold down the standby button, the update will stop and the machine will reboot itself, although it will take a long time reboot (about 10 minutes). But all should be ok after, with the patch still intact. :)

Well after a couple of DVDs I thought I would check back here, and the answer is here :smashin:

TV back, and V+ is recording now :thumbsup:

So was it an actual update or just a service disruption, like the one we had in london a few months ago on a saturday night ?

I got home at 715pm last night and there were no propblems with mine, nor a noticeable difference.

I've noticed pop up screens i.e. programme info etc is now semi transparent. Also at the bootom of every screem there's a "Press Yellow to explore on demand". Anyone else got this?

Has this update fixed anything i.e. audio drop outs on V+ recording???

Mine is still updating?!? This has been going on for over 24 hours now and I'm getting sick and tired of it.

me to, apparently there is a problem in the manchester area, in M24 postcode (which is me). thats what the automated voice is saying anyway.............

Same here in Glasgow G73 and I lost broadband as well, as did my next door neighbour. On driving round to my brother's, a few streets away, I saw a VM van in the street beside one of their boxes, with the doors open and the engineer working away. At my brother's, he had the same loss of TV and broadband but within 10 mins of me arriving, I noticed the TV had come back and the broadband as well. This despite me phoning both TV and broadband tech support who promise to refund my costs since they acknowledge it appeared to be a cable modem fault since they were unaware of any network issues in my area. Funny how both seemed to go off and back on at the same time - yeh. Of course, they wouldn't acknowledge or take on board that loss of my TV, and my and my neighbour's broadband had anything to do with each other! Now I'll have to remember to endure the long phone call back to VM to cancel the engineer's visit next Tue (yes, 4 days away) and avoid the £10 fine they claim they'll impose if I'm not in when the engineer calls, since I expect everything is back to normal at home.

They do customer support really well, don't VM?

PS Any idea what the V+ updates were for?

I've noticed pop up screens i.e. programme info etc is now semi transparent. Also at the bootom of every screem there's a "Press Yellow to explore on demand". Anyone else got this?

Has this update fixed anything i.e. audio drop outs on V+ recording???

Thats a box error, I've seen it a few times - that "Press Yellow" won't disappear.

A box reset should fix that :smashin:

One thing I have noticed is that music on demand is now free to TV XL subscribers - some good videos and concerts to watch. Well done VM!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom