• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

V+ Remote

jjriding

Standard Member
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else has problems with their V+ remote working intermittently and if their is a solution to this?

I know the remote is working as it still changes the volume for the TV but at random times it will not work any of the functions on the box itself. The buttons on the front can be used to perform functions but nothing from the handset.

Only thing I can think that I do is switch it off at the mains each night to conserve power so maybe it's performing updates that would normally be done in the small hours?

Any replies appreciated. Thanks

nmdale

Established Member
Try a reboot of the box and changing the batteries.

If this fails you could request a new remote from vm, it should be free along as you have not damaged the remote yourself.

Unplugging the v+ at night would not help, it might conserve power, but nothing to do with the remote!

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Only thing I can think that I do is switch it off at the mains each night to conserve power so maybe it's performing updates that would normally be done in the small hours?

Any replies appreciated. Thanks

This may be the answer. VM epg updates etc are usually done between 00.00 and 01.00. During the update it is well known that the V+ box willl not respond to the remote. Depending on the update this can be a few minutes or even a quarter of an hour.

Since you switch the box off at night I assume the updates are done after you switch it on with again the consequent lack of response to the remote.

BTW VM have been lobbied for some time to change this update period to say 05.00 or thereabouts as there are still a lot of people watching in the hour after midnight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom