1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V.O.S written after title of film in Spanish cinema?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MikeFish, May 10, 2005.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know what the letters V.O.S refer to when written after the title of a film in Spain?
    I'm asking because I'm off to Barcelona on 20th May and want to watch Revenge of the Sith while I'm out there. However, most of the films showing have the letters V.O.S after them. I was wondering if this had anything to do with the language the film will be played in. A Spanish bloke at work says it could be Original Version with Subtitles, but he's not sure.
    Anyone?

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I'd have guessed the opposite - V.F in Quebec meant that it was dubbed in French (almost watched Hellboy in French!), so I'd guess V.O.S would be dubbed in Spanish - but I couldn't say for definite.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

VOS means film with its "original soundtrack", e.g. it'll be in English with Spanish subs... more than likely. This isn't a 100% guarantee, but you should be reasonably safe if the film has "VOS" after it.

Pooch

4. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys.
    The Spanish guy at work sent a text to his friend in Spain and has confirmed that it means original soundtrack with Spanish subtitles.
    Looks like my weekend in Barcelona will be spent inside a cinema watching Revenge & pub watching the FA Cup!

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Nothing like a break from the norm eh?? :D :rotfl:

Pete.