V+ not working at install or since....

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by ciderspace, May 6, 2007.

1. ciderspace

ciderspace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Had V+ installed yesterday morning, having waited a month for an available date.

First thing engineer says is that there is a problem with V+, has been since Friday (all 5 of his installs yesterday didn't work apparently) and he wasn't sure when it would be fixed, a serious fault affecting alot of areas.

He unplugs my working NTL box and replaces with a not bad looking V+ box. He presses a few buttons on the front panel and up pops an install menu. He places a call and the display changes to "2 out of 12" (it may have been 11), the one that mentions a credit of £60.32 - whatever that is? He makes another call and confirms that there is a fault. He hands me the remote and small guide and leaves me to it.

I'm disappointed but not too fussed at this stage as have my PS3 to play with, so I leave the V+ box alone and settle down to Motorstorm.

I keep checking the screen every so often but no change.. I check out the V+ remote and accidentially turn off the V+ box....doh! No fear, I reboot and up pops the "powering up...just a moment" display. It remains like this until I can Motorstorm no more, around 2:30am ;)

No different by (late) morning so i ring VM and explain the problem. The chap sends some signals to the V+, asks me to reboot and explains that "its all ok from his end". My V+ comes up the same though and so an engineer is booked to repair/replace the V+ on Thursday afternoon. I moan but all he offers is an apology. 2 minutes later though he calls me back to say there IS a fault in the area and that its scheduled to be fixed by 3:30pm today (Sunday). Woohoo! He cancels the engineer....

3:38pm and..........no different. I reboot both the cable box and V+....same. I call VM again and the lady explains that the fault remains and doesn't know when it will be fixed. She asks me to call again Monday or Tuesday! I moan, ask for a refund and she tells me this wil be addressed when I call back once its working...whenever that may be.

Anyone else suffering? Be nice to know I'm not the only one. How comes my old box worked fine but this one doesn't? Its the same cable feeding the box...is it the box after all this?!?!?!

Is there an engineers/install menu I can access with a button combination, like the engineer seemingly accessed? Anything else I can do?

Not impressed so far...:mad:

Cheers

Andy

2. BadBoyAndy

BadBoyAndy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also had v+ installed (Sat 10AM), engineer said there's a problem with the network and it might be up in 4hrs, waited 24hrs still no joy. :(
    The box just says 'Telewest Broadband please wait, loading data'.
    Phoned NTL said it should be up and running by Sunday 3.30PM. Still no joy, so I phoned them back at 4.30PM (Waited another 30 mins in the queue) and now there saying to wait for another 24 hours! :eek:

3. ciderspace

ciderspace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Kinda good to know its not just me...I feel your pain mate. But 24 hours?! Crikey! Must be a very serious problem.

Anyone else?

4. BadBoyAndy

BadBoyAndy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now up and running @ 9AM :clap:

5. ciderspace

ciderspace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Mine up and running too, not sure what time it came up but... All good now, hope it lasts!