v moda vibe any good?

mho64

Established Member
Reaction score
Am on the look out for new in ear headphones. Have done a bit of reading online and have come across these v moda vibe in ear headphones. They have been getting rave reviews and i was just seeing if anyone here has them or have used them before?
other options are e2c's etc. for around £50 but this are definately my fav.

I have them they're really really nice , but i've never had to spend messing with Equalizers ever! I experiences really strange unbalancing in my ipod's EQ , where bass would be more on the right hand side. I put 'bass booster' on and it made every sound really hollow and bassy . Put it on 'hip hop' and they're awesome , its just getting the right size to fit as I now know one of my ear canals is bigger than the other making it really hard to get a good sound .

I'd reccomend them , but i need to sort out my ear canals first :rolleyes:

Edit : BTW you really need to let them burn in first! (I'm on about 20 hours so far listening to them and as you can see I haven't sorted them yet)

Anyone got any tips for wearing them ? I've used Sony X71's and CX300

finally some1 who has them lol. maybe you get unbalanced bass because the seals not as tight on one side?
i thought it only took 10 hrs to burn in, 20 hrs is quite a long time!
if you dont mind me asking where did you get yours from?

I got them from amazon (discount discs) they have their own site...and its cheaper there . Its possible i don't have a tight seal on both sides , but the large 'tip' seriously hurts my ears ....but i'm now convinced one is louder than the other , oh well . I can burn them in all tonight , i'm not too fussed i've only just got them I can always just keep burning them in . Think they're cheaper here anyway

Good luck , I took these back after getting the crap Shure E3C's , they had no bass and were VERY uncomfy .

this is what one reviewer said:
'Contrary to most other IEMs the Vibes don't use armatures for sound reproduction, but traditional dynamic drivers. This means they might have to "burn in" - the sound character will change in the first few hours of usage before settling down to its final characteristics.'

so who is right?

I found out the problem ,looks like they get clogged up easily . I took off the tips and 'blew' into them , cleared them up and bass and everything else is very good :thumbsup:

decided against these now as so many have had their vibes break.

from what i've read and understood, there seem to be a few quality problems with the v-moda's.

that isn't supposed to be a sweeping generalisation, but from various sources i've read, peoples experiences seems to lean towards the negative.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom