v moda vibe any good?

mho64

Am on the look out for new in ear headphones. Have done a bit of reading online and have come across these v moda vibe in ear headphones. They have been getting rave reviews and i was just seeing if anyone here has them or have used them before?
other options are e2c's etc. for around £50 but this are definately my fav.

xxXChrisUkXxx

I have them they're really really nice , but i've never had to spend messing with Equalizers ever! I experiences really strange unbalancing in my ipod's EQ , where bass would be more on the right hand side. I put 'bass booster' on and it made every sound really hollow and bassy . Put it on 'hip hop' and they're awesome , its just getting the right size to fit as I now know one of my ear canals is bigger than the other making it really hard to get a good sound .

I'd reccomend them , but i need to sort out my ear canals first :rolleyes:

Edit : BTW you really need to let them burn in first! (I'm on about 20 hours so far listening to them and as you can see I haven't sorted them yet)

Anyone got any tips for wearing them ? I've used Sony X71's and CX300

mho64

finally some1 who has them lol. maybe you get unbalanced bass because the seals not as tight on one side?
i thought it only took 10 hrs to burn in, 20 hrs is quite a long time!
if you dont mind me asking where did you get yours from?

xxXChrisUkXxx

I got them from amazon (discount discs) they have their own site...and its cheaper there . Its possible i don't have a tight seal on both sides , but the large 'tip' seriously hurts my ears ....but i'm now convinced one is louder than the other , oh well . I can burn them in all tonight , i'm not too fussed i've only just got them I can always just keep burning them in . Think they're cheaper here anyway

Good luck , I took these back after getting the crap Shure E3C's , they had no bass and were VERY uncomfy .

mho64

this is what one reviewer said:
'Contrary to most other IEMs the Vibes don't use armatures for sound reproduction, but traditional dynamic drivers. This means they might have to "burn in" - the sound character will change in the first few hours of usage before settling down to its final characteristics.'

so who is right?

xxXChrisUkXxx

I found out the problem ,looks like they get clogged up easily . I took off the tips and 'blew' into them , cleared them up and bass and everything else is very good :thumbsup:

mattski73

from what i've read and understood, there seem to be a few quality problems with the v-moda's.

that isn't supposed to be a sweeping generalisation, but from various sources i've read, peoples experiences seems to lean towards the negative.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom