1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V Mini series Region 2 March !!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Paul Young, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a fan of this excellent series and will be looking forward to buying this with the 1.85.1 ratio and with 189mins long first season. This will bring back memories of the the first time i seen it on ITV in 1983. Is anyone else with only R2 going to buy it on the 11th march ?.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,493
    Good news but, was it shot in this format or are the just cropping it for W/S TV’s.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

3. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the either the making of featurette or the audio commentary which accompanies the disc (I can't remember which as I saw it some time ago - then again I might have read it somewhere else entirely), the series was shot in 1.85:1 in case the miniseries was edited down and picked up for thearical release abroad.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,810
    Classic series. May I suggest reading the accompanying book which explains how the theories of the show are real...David Icke, The Biggest Secret.

5. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beek1 is the r2 version anamorphic and i hope not a flipper disc like the r1 disc ! Thanks

6. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but things are a little chaotic here in the office (while you all enjoy living in the first half of February, we're just putting the finishing touches to the April issue and trying to get our heads round the May issue!). Anyhow... to the matter at hand.

1. Yes, the R2 DVD of V: The Mini Series is presented anamorphically.

2. But, I'm afraid that because of content length and an effort to keep the bitrate up to deliver the best possible transfer, the series has been split across two sides of the DVD. Still, what's preferable, that or paying Warner an extra fiver so they could split it across two discs and claim it's a 2-disc special edition?

Hope this helps.