V+ look great in small preview window

maximum

Standard Member
I'm testing my new Sammy LE40F86BD set with V+.
I've tried all the V+ setting 720, 720 wide, 1080, 1080 wide and they all look reasonbly well (Monza Grand Prix was fantastic on ITV), some channels are quite blotchy. But when you press the home button to go to settings the preview window picture is far, far superior to that in full screen viewing, why is that? Infact the preview window picture blows away my old 36wide Pansonic crt.

SibTiger33

I'm testing my new Sammy LE40F86BD set with V+.
I've tried all the V+ setting 720, 720 wide, 1080, 1080 wide and they all look reasonbly well (Monza Grand Prix was fantastic on ITV), some channels are quite blotchy. But when you press the home button to go to settings the preview window picture is far, far superior to that in full screen viewing, why is that? Infact the preview window picture blows away my old 36wide Pansonic crt.

pixels mate

all about pixels

having say 3,000 pixels on say a 1920 x 1080 screen - may look blocky at times (depending on the scaler)

but when u decrease to real size i.e preview window - it would look really clear as the pixels are not being stretched

my guess would be apart from BBC HD and the HD programmes in general

the stuff being shown on virgin is really low resolution (below dvd res for most channels i would say)

SibTiger33

All sky and cable transmissions are broadcast at 1080i, so the resolution is always the same.
It's the bitrate (amount of information) that varies.

The preview picture has all the same faults, it's just that small, you can't see them, simple as.

better explained :D

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom