V+ installed on Thursday, a few questions??

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Cocacola, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    At last after nearly 5 weeks waiting, I will be having V+ installed on Thursday. We don't have any TV cable installed yet. I am already with VM. But only have phone and BB installed.
    Just a few questions. Is the TV cable attached to the phone line box?
    (I have BB cable at the back of the house, upstairs.)
    I have a phone line box at the front of the house. It is about 18 inches up from the ground and the cable comes through the wall which is attached to the phone socket. Ideally I would like the cable for the TV to come underneath the floor. We have a traditional wooden floor with a crawl space which is accessible through a hatch.
    If the engineer is skinny enough to get through the hatch I would prefer the cable to go under the floor through to the back of the house. Then up through a hole in the floor behind the TV. If we don't get a skinny engineer, OH will have to get down under to pull the cable through.
    OH will also drill a hole in wooden floor behind TV ready for cable to be passed through.
    Is the TV cable roughly about the same size as an aerial lead?
    How co-operative are the engineers? I will give him a cup of coffee and some biscuits:laugh:

2. limblee

limblee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    As you said you haven't had cable installed yet, I'm presuming the phone line you have is from BT. The cable probably not come through the same hole (unless requested). You could choose almost anywhere to have the cable wall box (this usually has two ports on it)
    The engineers are usually quite flexible, but also in a rush (so I'd move the tv etc,. so he has lots of room to do their work, they do appreicate it)

3. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry I didn't explain properly:oops: I have VM cable phone installed downstairs at the front of the house and VM cable BB installed upstairs at the back of the house.
    I want the TV cable installed at the back of the house downstairs.
    Will the TV cable be attached to the VM cable phone line? Or the BB Cable?

4. pmanson

pmanson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    BB and phone are seperate (as you know).... I have a feeling that the TV follows the same cable as the BB.

I say this as we've got everything in the same point in our house (behind the TV) while my parents have the phone at the front of their house while the BB comes into the rear of the house.

5. philws

philws

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We're ex-NTL VM and all the cabling comes out of the same terminal box outside the house. We have the TV, phone and broadband separately cabled from there to where they enter the house (TV half-way back downstairs, phone at the front of the house and broadband upstairs at the front). Miles of wire pinned around the outside of the house but done neatly and mainly out of obvious view.

6. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :oops: how stupid am I?:blush: all cables comes from the same box don't they?:rolleyes: the one at the front of the house.