• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

V+ help watching on other TV please

MrMister111

Hi, I have a V+ connected to my downstairs TV via HDMI

I read ages ago about the scart/co-Ax output disabled when in HDMI mode.

I have a Co-Ax cable to my upstairs TV from the V+ box, is the only way still to watch upstairs via the Co-Ax cable to switch to Scart mode? and then back when finished?

Also, is there anyway to be able to switch channels, control V+ recordings when upstairs? I think Sky have a magic eye? thing to do this, is there anything for V+? otherwise what do people do to control V+/switch channels or do they not?

Cheers

rkingphoto

Standard Member
Yes, you need to pu it to SCARt but you can still watch through HDMI on your main TV. The picture will be scaled to 576i so is still better than SD.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
You do not have to switch to Scart mode. In 720 or 1080 HDMI mode the second "VCR" scart is still active so if you feed this to an RF modulator then you can watch the V+ on another TV. I use an old VCR as an RF modulator.

Using this method you can also watch a pre-recorded programme on the other Tv(s) whilst watching another live or recorded programme on your main TV.

IIIGREGIII

Novice Member
:thumbsup: to Boostrial's comment!

Just to add regards the 'magic eye' my understanding is that it doesn't work with VM's setup. Whether you can get a 3rd party system to work I don't know.

MrMister111

You do not have to switch to Scart mode. In 720 or 1080 HDMI mode the second "VCR" scart is still active so if you feed this to an RF modulator then you can watch the V+ on another TV. I use an old VCR as an RF modulator.

Using this method you can also watch a pre-recorded programme on the other Tv(s) whilst watching another live or recorded programme on your main TV.

Wow didnt know this, I would rather not have another box under the TV, can you buy one of these RF modulators separate and a small size? from Maplin or somewhere?

So I can leave the V+ connected via HDMI and completely leave everything alone downstairs, then the Co-Ax will goto this RF thing, then upstairs via Co-Ax and plugged into my TV upstairs to wacth the same channel yeh?

Also how on earth do you watch a pre-recorded or different program on the RF feed, to the HDMI? totally confused on that one
cheers

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Wow didnt know this, I would rather not have another box under the TV, can you buy one of these RF modulators separate and a small size? from Maplin or somewhere?

Yes!

So I can leave the V+ connected via HDMI and completely leave everything alone downstairs, then the Co-Ax will goto this RF thing, then upstairs via Co-Ax and plugged into my TV upstairs to wacth the same channel yeh?

Yes!

Also how on earth do you watch a pre-recorded or different program on the RF feed, to the HDMI? totally confused on that one
cheers

Other than the "selected " live programme you can only watch a pre recorded programme via the VCR scart on the V+ . To do this go to V+extras and then Copy to VCR/DVD. Scan down the list of recorded programmes and select one to add to the copy list. Then select copy and this prog is delivered independently out of the VCR scart.

Meanwhile you can be watching a live show or watching another recording all whilst recording 2 other programmes:clap:

MrMister111

Yes!

Yes!

Other than the "selected " live programme you can only watch a pre recorded programme via the VCR scart on the V+ . To do this go to V+extras and then Copy to VCR/DVD. Scan down the list of recorded programmes and select one to add to the copy list. Then select copy and this prog is delivered independently out of the VCR scart.

Meanwhile you can be watching a live show or watching another recording all whilst recording 2 other programmes:clap:

Excellent, so where do I get a RF from please? any recommendation? cheap is good!!

I though the RF was completely disabled though if HDMI is selected in the options, how comes it works if you have a RF connected?

I take it that the watch the recorded program is a frig way (doesnt matter if it works though!!) its better as stil able to watch live TV downstairs!! can you still be recording a V+ program whilst copy to DVD/VCR is going?

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Excellent, so where do I get a RF from please? any recommendation? cheap is good!!

I though the RF was completely disabled though if HDMI is selected in the options, how comes it works if you have a RF connected?

I take it that the watch the recorded program is a frig way (doesnt matter if it works though!!) its better as stil able to watch live TV downstairs!! can you still be recording a V+ program whilst copy to DVD/VCR is going?

As I said the RF output of the V+ is disabled. To get a RF "round the house" output you must connect the "VCR " labelled scart to a RF modulator. Yes you can get one from Maplin etc. but you can also use an old VCR to do the same job even if the tape deck is knackered.
Yes you can output a pre-recorded programme via the VCR scart whilst recording 2 other programmes on the V+ and watching a live programme on your main TV via HDMI.

MrMister111

As I said the RF output of the V+ is disabled. To get a RF "round the house" output you must connect the "VCR " labelled scart to a RF modulator. Yes you can get one from Maplin etc. but you can also use an old VCR to do the same job even if the tape deck is knackered.
Yes you can output a pre-recorded programme via the VCR scart whilst recording 2 other programmes on the V+ and watching a live programme on your main TV via HDMI.

Ah sorry, so you connect Scart to a VCR (or RF modulator) then connect that RF Co-Ax cable to my TV upstairs and get the signal.

I would prefer a small unit, than an old VCR as its another box stuffed at the back of the TV!!

So is there not such as thing as a scart to RF(Co-Ax) converter? or is this a RF modulator? Can it be any kind of Scart to Co-Ax device? if I find one?

cheers

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
So is there not such as thing as a scart to RF(Co-Ax) converter? or is this a RF modulator? Can it be any kind of Scart to Co-Ax device? if I find one?

cheers

Er... yes and yes

If you do not want to use a VCR then as suggested before try the Maplin Website. The "official" name for this type of device is an RF modulator.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom