V+HD Picture/audio/channel issues.

Kev Greenhalgh

I posted this yesterday, with no reply, on VMs community forum, as well as a phone call to their customer helpline and was told the rep would need to pass the issue on to her superior, though still with zero results.

While they go about their business of fixing things, or whatever they're doing, has anyone else had this problem? Nobody else in the street is having any issues, just our house, both boxes and only HD channels.

I don't know if this is relevant or not.

"We're experiencing some issues with some, not all HD channels = blank screen, no audio or broken pixelated image and broken audio. This is happening to both V+HD boxes in the house. All recorded progs,obviously, are unwatchable.

Done the reboot several times and no fix.

Home/Settings/Technical Stuff/Page5,6 =

Build 1.82

(302) Post-RS Error 237 738750

(302) Post-RS Error 306 738750

(8846)

(4) Timeout on receiving NIT

(302) Post-RS Error 288 730750

(302) Post-RS Error 392 746750

(302) Post-RS Error 142 722750

(91) Access Notification Received

(302) Post-RS Error 114 722750

(302) Post-RS Error 1 554750"

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if this is or has happened to anyone else.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd suspect a signal level issue to be at the root of your problem. You'd need a VM site visit to sort this out for you. I'm assuming this has been arranged for you when you reported the fault?

You should also maybe push for a reduction in your bill for the period of time the issue has effected your viewing.

Kev Greenhalgh

I'd suspect a signal level issue to be at the root of your problem. You'd need a VM site visit to sort this out for you. I'm assuming this has been arranged for you when you reported the fault?

You should also maybe push for a reduction in your bill for the period of time the issue has effected your viewing.

Nothing has happened yet, the rep said she'll have to pass the issue on to her superior and that could take 24 to 48 hrs.

Thanks for the reply dante. I'll try again tomorrow. :)

dante01

Distinguished Member
Who did you ring? With issues like this where the issue cannot be resolved by them, the customer services rep usually books an appointment for a site engineer to call there and then. Ring now and report the issue again. There's no reason for you to have to wait or for a superior to have to deal with it.

Kev Greenhalgh

Who did you ring? With issues like this where the issue cannot be resolved by them, the customer services rep usually books an appointment for a site engineer to call there and then. Ring now and report the issue again. There's no reason for you to have to wait or for a superior to have to deal with it.

It was the VM Customer Services (dial 150).
It's the first time this has happened. The last couple of times we had issues they booked a visit straight away. I'll get on it first thing in the morning.

Thanks dante :)

metalguru

When you ring next unplug the equipment and say it's,plugged in when asked, they won't be able to detect it and will have to send out a service tech

Kev Greenhalgh

Just called VM to log a complaint and they're sending out an engineer. So fingers crossed they know what to do. :)

Kev Greenhalgh

Well the VM engineer turned up at 12:00hrs, replaced a 10db forward path attenuator and left.
When I got out of the shower and asked my dad if he checked ALL the channels while the engineer was present, the reply was "No, we haven't got time to waste doing that, it's only TV"......:mad:

How can someone with a Masters in Applied Acoustics, and one of the most intelligent men i've ever known be such a dumbass? :confused:

Anyways I removed the VM box from my setup as I want nothing more to do with it. The issues with picture are still there, it's no longer my problem.

Thanks to dante and metalguru. PEACE

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom