V+ freezez at midnight every day

jamct

If I just happen to pause, rewind, fast forward, play, go to on-demand at midnight, my Samsung Box FREEZES for about 5 minutes. :(

Does anyone know why?. Comments please.

dante01

Distinguished Member
That could be the time VM update the boxes and their service? The V+ update once a day, usually during the night and into the early morning hours.

Other than that, is there a witch in your garden digging up the cable looking for her cat?

BRIAN-CARSON

Novice Member
I know it used to happen around 6am but two months ago { or so } all of a sudden it changed to Midnight - it has been reported to virgin and ' they claim ' they are looking into it.

It is very annoying and really it should have been designed out years ago.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Interesting....

Round here for years the update was always between 00:00 and 01:00 hrs, and whilst the update was in progress forget doing anything on the box.

Recently however it appears the updates hereabouts haave been moved to 04:00 to 05:00. :clap:

lamagra7

It's always been midnight for V+ boxes

lamagra7

As I said in previous post used to be 0:00-01:00 until 6 months ago but is now 04:00 - 05:00: on this ligand of the VM cable network! :smashin:
Mine still does it at midnight? I checked last night

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Maybe your clock is fast?
Personally all I know is that until about 01:00 whereas I used to get problems I don't now. However my wife who is well asleep by that time but who often awakes around 04:00 and goes downstairs and watches VM, says she is now getting identical freeze problems until around 05:00

squaretiger

Standard Member
This is the weekly TV schedule updating itself. For me its off & on between midnight and about 3 am. I've just moved to TIVO to see if that stops the issue as I'm a bit of nighthawk so it caused me no end of grief.