V for Vendetta 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I hope we get around to reviewing my dessert based remake:
V for Vienetta
... sequel to P For Pancetta.

About this. I really used to love this film. I'm just not sure I do anymore. I'm not sure if it's me or that the film hasn't aged well. Probably me. Regardless, I don't think I'll be upgrading my blu on this occasion. Thanks for the review, Cas.

I hope we get around to reviewing my dessert based remake:
V for Vienetta

rFjrS7o.jpg

I bought the titans of cult disc, this is my first time seeing this movie and i’m really loving it from the first minute, still to finish watching ( got interupted by my wife ) but i like it’s style

... sequel to P For Pancetta.

About this. I really used to love this film. I'm just not sure I do anymore. I'm not sure if it's me or that the film hasn't aged well. Probably me. Regardless, I don't think I'll be upgrading my blu on this occasion. Thanks for the review, Cas.

Certainly the 'twist' midsection feels very dragged out, and ironically torturous, when you know the end. I can't remember whether I guessed it first time out but it feels extremely obvious which kinda undermines what the character is going through. Nonetheless it's got some nice ideas, but yes, I do see why some would favour just returning to the comic rather than this adaptation.

Watched it on Monday, I had no memory of seeing before even though I definitely had the R1 blu ray.
Thought the film was excellent (if slightly odd), the video was great and the Atmos track even better.
Oh and the Titans of Cult set is a beauty.

Watched it on Monday, I had no memory of seeing before even though I definitely had the R1 blu ray.
Thought the film was excellent (if slightly odd), the video was great and the Atmos track even better.
Oh and the Titans of Cult set is a beauty.

Yes, that is the first steelbook in a LONG time I've been really wowed by.

Certainly the 'twist' midsection feels very dragged out, and ironically torturous, when you know the end. I can't remember whether I guessed it first time out but it feels extremely obvious which kinda undermines what the character is going through. Nonetheless it's got some nice ideas, but yes, I do see why some would favour just returning to the comic rather than this adaptation.

I love this film, and I'm surprised and delighted to find it on 4k, and a good one at that! As for the twist, I did guess the first time round but I think it still works. The character doesn't know what's going on (and you wouldn't expect them to), and the point is it doesn't matter. Even when they do know they are changed by the event regardless (some changes can't be un done it seems....) it's also a clever way of telling about the origins of V.

Thanks for the review - I have this on HDDVD and not watched it in years....might put it on my rental list. I do remember his alliterative speech at the start of the movie and remember loving it at the time, thinking it was really clever (never knew so many words with "v" LOL).

It's a film I have enjoyed more on repeat viewings. I watched the bluray just a few months ago, so will keep the 4K on my shelf until sometime next year. (I got the Warner Brothers store box of tat version)
81dcrKOW5ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for the Review Cas. Not so long ago that I watched this but interested in this Premium version. Added to my rental list - the price of 4K is too rich for my pocket right now, even with such a delicious topping. And I agree that the filling in the middle is a bit much for my taste.

Way too much time on your hands mate ;)

Can't take the credit mate, GIYF.

There are actually a surprising number of V for Viennetta pics on the net.

Superb Atmos track on the UHD unlike Tenet which I also watched this week. Demo material.

Watched the UHD tonight. Honestly couldn’t remember much about it from last viewing all those years ago on HDDVD .
Absolutely loved it. Great picture quality and Atmos was tremendous. Superb

I'd never seen this until tonight and quite enjoyed it although some bits felt a little too relevant and so left a strange feeling!

I was surprised to hear a track from one of the Interstellar trailers in the middle of the film, I wondered why it sounded familiar.

Watched for the first time last night! Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. A lot of stuff that if you start to bring in theories with regards to covid …. Well… 😬
Excellent atmos soundtrack too

Yup. The similarities between the governments are growing more and more.:D

Awesome movie. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom