V Festival

T

thamesider

Just got back from Chelmsford, great weekend, highlights were Dirty Vegas, The Hives, Foo's and the Chili's, also quite good were Coldplay, QOTSA, Skin, and Ash.

Lots of mediocre bands as well, and some pretty awful which we had to stand through to maintain our position at the very front (11 1/2hrs crushed against the rails !!)

Worst Band.......................Gus Gus...............Icelandic house/ dance/acidy type crap..........and it was crap, a toss up which was worse, them or the bogs:smoke:

I went too, but then I live in Chelmsford (well I guess this hole has SOME uses :)). Bit of a wimp I'm afraid, didn't go anywhere near the front.

Don't suppose you were reading the txt the fest things yesterday and saw

"Oi Nutcase, hurry up and finish the Motor!"

did you? I kinda know one of the guys backstage who sorted that one lol.

Highlight was definitely Chilies. I missed them in 2001 (Was watching Toploader IIRC), but made sure I saw them this time. Looked like total carnage at the front during the Stone Age. How's the ribs?

Wasn't overly impressed with Skin TBH, but I did laugh when she got smacked in the face by that HUGE beach ball. It wasn;t your shoulder she was sitting on was it?!

That Hives Lead is a nutter. Class :D

Yes I did see nearly all of the text's on the saturday when i was at the front all day but left the main stage to see dirty Vegas on the Sunday so missed a lot then (including yours I think), most of them made me chuckle "I wacked off in my mates sock this morning, and he doesn't know yet !" sticks in the memory.

My ribs are ok, the rails came just below the ribcage so I could just about hack it.

I was more fortunate than some of the young girls along side me, who were getting crushed quite badly, and regularly being lifted out.

I did my best to protect the two next to me, but it became too much for them when the foo's came on, there was some right nutters in there.

What really p*ssed me off was the amount of surfers being pulled out over my head, i lost count of the times i got a kick in the back of the head.

We shook hands with pelle, Hives frontman on saturday and nearly had his tie off him ( oh for some scissors;) )

The girl next to me got the drummers sweaty towel, she was well happy:D

No that wasn't me with skin, I was about 10 feet to the right, she practically had him in a headlock:rotfl:

That would have put you somewhere near where this was taken then? (Ignore the arrow, it was my friend guessing where I was).

Attachments

• crowd.jpg
    crowd.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 73
Can't see myself on there, got any panned a bit to the right,
With the rails and pit in view?
I had a khaki coloured baseball cap on

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom