V+ boxes - price reduction

carol_s

Novice Member
My new Toshiba Regza 42X3030DB will be arriving on Thursday so I decided to upgrade my Virgin package to the full package and upgrade to the V+ box. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Virgin are doing a special deal on them at the moment - a £50 reduction to £100.

This is still not yet up on their web site - so if you are thinking of going for the V+ box, now is the time to do it. The sales person I spoke to thought that the offer would be available for around a month.

Dave9

Standard Member
My new Toshiba Regza 42X3030DB will be arriving on Thursday so I decided to upgrade my Virgin package to the full package and upgrade to the V+ box. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Virgin are doing a special deal on them at the moment - a £50 reduction to £100.

This is still not yet up on their web site - so if you are thinking of going for the V+ box, now is the time to do it. The sales person I spoke to thought that the offer would be available for around a month.
Has anyone else had this offer ???

bulletmagnet

i have just ordered the v+box and its being installed on friday, i had to pay £150 !!!!
wonder if they will refund me £50 as the box hasnt even been installed yet?
i did ask if there was any offers comming up and i was told no !

i will call them up today

bulletmagnet

Hmmmmm, just spoke to them and i have been told that the v+box for £100 is for customers who already have a v+ box and are paying a monthly fee, the £100 installation cost will therefore stop any monthly payments on the v+ service !
if a customer already has a v+ box then why would they pay for installation again?

somehow i think i have just had the wool pulled over my eyes !

will give it a day or so and see what happens on this post and call them back before installation on friday

Ernie_C

Hmmmmm, just spoke to them and i have been told that the v+box for £100 is for customers who already have a v+ box and are paying a monthly fee, the £100 installation cost will therefore stop any monthly payments on the v+ service !
if a customer already has a v+ box then why would they pay for installation again?

will give it a day or so and see what happens on this post and call them back before installation on friday

What you have been told is correct. People who subscribed to V+ before 1 June this year did so with a £10 per month charge and an installation charge of £75. They can 'convert' to the current pricing by paying the £100 service charge and then having the £10 per month waived.

After 1 June, V+ is available to new users for a £150 'installation' charge with no £10 per month charge.

Whether the 'reduction' for a certain period from £150 to £100 is a reality, time will tell.

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
Considering all the months I've had the V+ box (since Telewest launch!) I should have a lot more than 50 quid dropped from the price! :mad:

S'pose it could save me money in the long run but I want to keep my options open about switching to Sky just in case we ever get a communal dish installed. Dunno if that will be within 10 months... but it might!

carol_s

Novice Member

I didn't have a V+ box prior to this - maybe the person I spoke to got things mixed up a bit and I shouldn't be entitled to the box for £100 - but I'm not going to phone her back to query this :)

I have been with them since the early days (Eurobell). Maybe she thought I deserved a rebate after the price hikes from Virgin Media:)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom