v+box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by tonynev, Apr 27, 2007.

1. tonynev

tonynev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    when i am in my settings menu, i am trying to save my settings to
    hidef component and 720 wide. but each time i click ok and test,after the screen returns, the original settings are shown, it wont let me save new settings. does anybody know the answer. thank you.
    ps: i have tried all combinations for hi def and wide, with the same
    results.

2. adam_priest

adam_priest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to recall that you have to press text to save the settings.

3. davyi

davyi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try changing your settings but before you press the final button to test, turn your tv over to the hi def channel. somehow the v+ box detects if a picture is shown (poss through your hd conection) and reverts back to original settings if not. Hope this helps.

4. bjjgann

bjjgann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You need to switch your TV to Component after pressing OK and you will see a screen saying press text if you see this message. Some TV's will switch over automatically but some dont.

5. Shanx

Shanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tony

Did you have any luck with getting your HD settings working? I am having the same problem I have had some one out from Virgin to no avail, the guy only seemed to have the basic knowledge, so I am still stuck without HD.

My TV is a Sony 26" Bravia kdl26s2030 is there any thing i need to do to this before adjusting the V+ settings?

Cheers
    Shanx

6. tonynev

tonynev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    shanx. i'm still in the dark after trying several options. the fella that fitted my v+box couldn't even fit my lead , he said he wasn't insured if anything went
    wrong. rang customer services friday, someone will contact me within 3 days.
    what a joke!

7. Shanx

Shanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The guy that came out to me gave up after about 50 mins and told me he was going to re-schedule me for this Friday:confused: Hopefully this time they send some one with some knowledge of what to do:)

8. Starfleet

Starfleet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Adam Priest is correct you have to press txt on the remote to accept new setting

9. Shanx

Shanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tony

I'm not sure how but I managed to get my v+box to accept the HD settings, these are the steps I took, as far as I can remember, so hopefully they will help you.

Go to the set up page and select the Hi def hdmi and the res you want.

I then pressed the text button on the virgin control and got an error msg & pressed OK to reurn to the settings page.

Then pressed OK to save the settings, when the screen went blank i pressed the text button again and waited. This time I didn't get a picture back on the AV2 channel that I was on. So I switched to AV4 which is where the HDMI cable is connected on my TV and hey presto HD TV.

I hope this makes some sense as it was all done in hope rather than with any real knowledge.

Good luck
    Shanx