• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

v+box slow?

red2004devil

Standard Member
Hi. im having mine v+box fitted on wed 09/01. I was playing around with my mom and dads v+box and is it just me but when you go up and down through the channels ist alot slower than the old box?

t11rmh

Established Member
Yes it is as the hard disk starts archiving each channel when you swap to it - just in case you want to rewind live TV. Also ditches the archive content of the channel you have just been watching. Takes a bit of time to do all that.

fattony

Established Member
sorry to jump on the thread but if i switch my tv on and realise my favourite tv show is almost finished can i rewind it back to the beginning?

sotonjoe

Established Member
sorry to jump on the thread but if i switch my tv on and realise my favourite tv show is almost finished can i rewind it back to the beginning?

Not if your box has been off or on standby. if you'd left it on you would be able to wind it back by an hour and a half I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom