V+ Box or Philips LCD TV problem?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by james.moore, Apr 19, 2007.

1. james.moore

james.moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A plea for help from the very knowledgeable folk on this forum! I have a V+ box connected via HDMI to a Philips PF329830 32" LCD TV, the box is set to deliver 720P widescreen signals.

When watching any cable channel or programmes recorded on the V+ box, the signal repeatedly drops out leaving static/snow on the screen, this happens repeatedly and for a few seconds each time. It is completely random, sometimes happening every few minutes and sometimes not at all during an evenings viewing. I have tried three different HDMI cables all with the same result.

I have read elsewhere that some V+ boxes seem to have problems with their HDMI connectors and also read that some Philips TVs have a problem properly detecting the HDMI provided signal. It is fair to say that if I change the output of the V+ box to RGB SCART the signal loss doesn't happen at all.

Has anyone else experienced this and managed to work out if the Box or the TV is at fault?

Thanks
    James