V+ box keeps auto deleting recorded shows!

ms2005

Standard Member
Reaction score
As per the title really. The box keeps deleting the recorded shows.

It is not set to auto delete after watched, or after X days or even when the disk is full.

No logic to it either, but has done it twice now in the last couple of months.

Any ideas???

As per the title really. The box keeps deleting the recorded shows.

It is not set to auto delete after watched, or after X days or even when the disk is full.

No logic to it either, but has done it twice now in the last couple of months.

Any ideas???

Not much help to you, but mine does the same. :confused:

Not much help to you, but mine does the same. :confused:

I've read somewhere that it happens whan the box crashes, I guess it reboots so unless you were present at the time you would never know of the crash but I can't find any solutuions and it's very annoying.

May have to ring VM and have them send a new box out

My V+ box recently announced that the hard disc was full and I was unable to set to pre-record any more programmes. In reality I never seem to use much more than 25% of the drive, even when saving HD programmes. A five minute switch off at the mains plug restored the situation, including the programmes I had previously saved on the disc. I have a feeling that some sequence of events triggers this confusion. No idea what it is, and it has only occoured once in over a year.

There's a setting that allows the box to auto delete when it gets near capacity, so if it thinks it is it maybe deleting some recordings

This has happened to me a few times too, it's most irritating as I'm at most only using half disk space.

I came back from a weeks break away from home, switched on the box and I'm almost positive 20 hours of recordings have gone.

No real harm done in my case but it is annoying nonetheless

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom