V+ Box installation

seXBOX

Standard Member
I have just ordered Virgin XL TV with the V+ box, however they tell me i have to wait two weeks for someone to come and plug the box in for me :eek: can i not do it myself??
The sockets are already in place ready as the previous owner had virgin also, so all that would be required is plugging it in, am i not correct? is it possible to have them post me the box and i do it myself sooner?:mad:

anorax25

I have just ordered Virgin XL TV with the V+ box, however they tell me i have to wait two weeks for someone to come and plug the box in for me :eek: can i not do it myself??
The sockets are already in place ready as the previous owner had virgin also, so all that would be required is plugging it in, am i not correct? is it possible to have them post me the box and i do it myself sooner?:mad:

I house sat for my ex-wife when she had it installed and the same thought crossed my mind. However, the engineer did have to make a number of adjustments, via his PDA ( IIRC ) and then a couple of calls to enable the service. No where near as simple as installing a Sky HD box to an existing "feed".
I did ask him a number of questions but, he wasn't that communicative.
He also put some new, what looked like filters, at the cable box.
You'll have to be patient I think!

seXBOX

Standard Member
Has anyone else overlooked an installation? surely if the previous owner (single mum) can unplug her box, surely i (geek :p) can plug one in again? :confused:
Then they can just enable the service from there end
or atleast let me do most of the work and someone just nip in to enable it sooner than 2 weeks :(
i bet after all this he'll come, late, plug it in and walk off:eek: :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom