V+ Box Faulty?

darrenjauk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a V+ box installed a few weeks ago, there are 2 things that are really annoying me with it but not sure if it's normal:

1. When recording one channel and watching another I get channel breakup quite a lot - bit like freeview with an indoor ariel - the channel is watchable at first but after 10 mins I end up turning off the recording, just watching without recording is fine though

2. The hard-disk rattles a lot especially when recording and even on standby, sometimes it's louder than the Tele! reminds me of PC's in the 90's.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

You need a visit from a VM engineer to sort out you signal strengths. It sounds as though the signal is either too strong or too weak. It may even be a fault with one of the 3 internal tuners?

Hard drive noise is inherent with some of the boxes, especially the SA boxes.

It's strange in that the picture is ok generally when not recording and the recordings themselves look ok. It's just when recording and watching at the same time the picture you watch breaks up - not Massively but after 10 minutes it gets really annoying.

It's actually an old installation in the house from when we moved in, there is a metal 3 way splitter screwed to the wall next to the 'Telewest' box where the lead go's, and if you tap the metal splitter the picture also break's up. Could that be the fault? The engineer didn't bother replacing the old box or splitter when he came round a few weeks ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom