V+ being installed Today.

pacino69

Standard Member
Reaction score
the V+ box is being installed this afternoon. i'll let people know what it's like and how it went.:thumbsup:

Don't forget to ask for your HDMI cable

waited in all afternoon, VM engineer did not show. then spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to a bloke who could barely speak English. he told me that according to there system it was saying that my V+ box was installed on the 27th Dec, tried to explain to him that i was looking at the letter from VM which states installation on the 4th Jan 1pm-6pm. this is a complete f##k up. after being on hold several times eventually told that the installation team will call in the next 24hours. not very happy.:mad: VM customer support a disgrace.:rolleyes:

like essjay says make sure you get a cable, it took them a week for them to send me one and then they sent me 4!:rolleyes:

to be honest, i could'nt give a toss about the hdmi cable. i just want the V+ box installed and for them to turn up when they said they would:mad: i am still waiting for the call from the installation team.

update. after more countless phone calls to indian call centers they eventually put me through to 'customer care' and an English bloke. i've never heard the word 'sorry' so many times. been re-arranged for saturday 12th install and my account credited with £75.:thumbsup:

Hope it works out for you.

I had major problems with VM installers at the begining but I've had their services now for a couple of months (Phone, BB and TV) and couldn't be happier.

See these couple of threads for my installation problems story...........

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642817

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650491

It'll work out in the end eventually and I know you could do without the hassle and messing about but if you look on the bright side you're £75 better off. :)

Good luck for the 12th and dont forget to tell us how you got on

bloody hell steery1, just read your previous posts. i've had nothing compared to you. already got all 3 services (with them for 5years) with VM so it's not like a big install, just bring the box and plug it in - simple. will let you know next weekend.:rolleyes:

hope it all goes well for you
in my case everything went well with no hitches and the engineer gave me the hdmi cable . he was punctual , polite and could not have done a better job we were really impressed . contrary to a lot of people out there i have had no problems with v+ or set top box upstairs and the broadband is very good . maybe im just one of the lucky ones . :D

Hi, this is my first posting. Your story prompted me to join the forum. After reading your op yesterday and due to have a V+ box installed Tues. 8th I began to get a bit concerned as I haven't had a confirmation letter about the agreed date. I decided to phone c.s 6.30 this evening to make sure the engineer is coming tomorrow morning as planned only to be told that the installation has been resceduled for the 15th.
Is it too much, as a paying customer, to expect to be contacted when this happens.
I'll watch with interest to see how your installation goes.

my mate had his v+ box installed at the weekend,and when he asked the engineer for the hdmi cable,the bloke said to him ill get it from the van,but got in the van and nicked off:eek::rotfl:so ive given him one of the 4 cables vm sent me.

At last, VM engineer turned up and installed my V+ box. i am very impressed, the picture is superb. Just watched some of the HD content and it's great:thumbsup: the SD picture is a lot better than the old box.:smashin:

At last, VM engineer turned up and installed my V+ box. i am very impressed, the picture is superb. Just watched some of the HD content and it's great:thumbsup: the SD picture is a lot better than the old box.:smashin:

Thats good news. Glad it (eventually) worked out for you. :smashin:

Does the HDD in the V+ box power down when you put it into standby? I had one installed on Tuesday and the drive DOES NOT power down for me.

I'm pleased that you have your V+ and are really happy with it. Hopefully I'll get mine on Tuesday.:thumbsup:

Well im a brand new member and after very l o n g and hard thought based on this forum and others have decided on Pio 428XD delvd next week AND changing from V to V+ box next friday also. We were told ist £75 install and £5 per month.Partner tried hagle with retentions folk re poor HD content and STILL missing Sky channels etc...(we get BASIC TV /Broadband/landline)
When partner rang back to book date, got a different man (not foreign this time!) and was told £75 install but no further monthy fee - HMM Ill believe it when i see it ! Needless to say with so many TV changes next week it will be interesting.:rolleyes: i'll let you know what happens.

I believe that you need to have the XL tv package to get V+ without a monthly charge, otherwise it is £5 p.m

I don't know what you pay at present, but 2Mb broadband, landline and XL tv with V+ shouldn't cost you any more than £30 per month ;)

Ask retentions if you pay more :)

Well im a brand new member and after very l o n g and hard thought based on this forum and others have decided on Pio 428XD delvd next week AND changing from V to V+ box next friday also. We were told ist £75 install and £5 per month.Partner tried hagle with retentions folk re poor HD content and STILL missing Sky channels etc...(we get BASIC TV /Broadband/landline)
When partner rang back to book date, got a different man (not foreign this time!) and was told £75 install but no further monthy fee - HMM Ill believe it when i see it ! Needless to say with so many TV changes next week it will be interesting.:rolleyes: i'll let you know what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom