V+ and HDMI! No videostream, but menu's ok!

dvdbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya,
Ok, quick background. both me and my girlfriend (2 different houses, same area) have virgin's V+ drive. Ive just gotta new tv and so she has had my old HD TV.

Just installed the TV, and configured the V+ to HD over HDMI for the first time. Menu's (the channel pop ups, config menu's, V+ Drive menus) work fine, and sound (output on photo L/R) is fine. But the video stream does not display! Obviously phoned their customer support and they are a dream to talk to (LOL!), after insisting to them that it isnt the hdmi cable, and its plugged in the right holes, and I pressed the text key on the V+ controller (not the tv one!!) after changing the config, they agreed to send out a engineer on wednesday. But I was just wondering if anyone else had had the same problem.

It seems very very strange to me that the menus display. but the videostream doesnt!! Wondering if it needs a download/firmware update to make things work. When I initially changed the settings the picture did display for about 2-3 seconds, then all went black! Ive resorted back to scart for the meantime, but if anyone has any suggestions please throw them this way.

Personally I never managed to get HDMI to work on my TVDrive (I had it in the very early days!), so im using componant! Which we may end up doing here as well, but...hey ho!

Thanks guys/gals.

J

When i had this problem, it was a faulty hdmi lead.

Really!? Even though the TVDrive Menu's are coming up and the channel pop ups and all that? Might have a go reseating the cable and see if that makes any difference then!

Saying that though, Ive just changed the HDMI to the DVD player and that works fine?!!? Now im really confused! :confused:

Yeah i could waggle the hdmi lead at the v+ end and you would get flashes of picture/sound. Changed the hdmi lead, problem solved. See if you can borrow a lead to try, as it may be the hdmi socket on the v+. If it is at least it aint cost you nothing.

Had the same issue as Mr Me. and the same fix.

Replacement HDMI cable sorted it.

Getting menus but no video/sound is a common HDCP issue. This could be due to a faulty lead or box but could also be because the TV input you are using is not HDCP compatible.

Hmmm, now im worried. I never got the TVDrive at mine to work on this TV either, used componant in the end!

Im using a Samsung LE32R41BD. Any ideas. :lease:

well the samsung does have hdcp so you should be covered there you tried turning the tv on and off i know it sounds daft but it could be a hdcp handshake problem between the tv drive and the tv

Arghh!

Tried again. Still no joy. Wiggled cable, switched off and on the tv. Nowt. More detail though.

Once u initially set the display settings to hdmi it shows the test, which is the menu with the videostream in a box, the videostream shows at that point, but as soon as u press text to confirm, the videostream disappears, never to return!

Engineer is coming out tomorrow pm, so we'll see what we'll see!

Dvdbloke

I thought you first used the scart for initial setup and then swithed over to HDMI or am I wrong:cool:

Hiya,

Yeah, got both scart and hdmi hooked up and configuring between the two.

Anyway! Engineer just came out, thought it wierd as well, said dodgy unit, swapped it out (bolls, lost my dr who's and superstorms!), and now have a working unit! So it was the unit in the end! And now we're a happily hdmi'd Hi Def family! :)

Cheers
DVDBloke

I'm having the same problem.

I'm now on my third box and have tried several cables latest is the Logik goldplated HDMI cable.

Any solutions please?

Tv is a samsung LE32R74BDX

Is there a manual HD setting I could try

My problem was a faulty box! So, I guess you have to have your forth!? :(

Ive had this problem just replaced the HDMI lead supplied with one from mark grant cables :thumbsup:

I've got this exact problem. Just got my first HDTV. Tried everything apart from a different HDMI cable. Phoned Virgin up and they are going to send a replacement HDMI cable out. Will wait and see what happens. They will send an engineer out if the new cable doesn't work. Pain in the rear.

I've got this exact problem. Just got my first HDTV. Tried everything apart from a different HDMI cable. Phoned Virgin up and they are going to send a replacement HDMI cable out. Will wait and see what happens. They will send an engineer out if the new cable doesn't work. Pain in the rear.

If you havnt tried already, switch the hdmi lead around, worked for me,i kept the lead they sent me in the post as a spare.
:D

If only it were that simple :)

I can't afford to buy another cable. The TV has seen to that :(

None of my mates use HDMI so I can't borrow one. I'll wait for the cable from Virgin. In the meantime I'll just have to use scart.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom