UV Filter Suggestions for Sony AX53 and Panasonic HC VX1

Hello everyone.

I have the Sony AX53 and Panasonic HC VX1 and they both have a protection filter on the front in case of an accident!
But I'm looking for a UV filter that would stop the sun glare onto the lens, with the protection filter it lets a lot of glare onto the lens which is crazy.

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks
Rob

Terfyn

For the VX1
Look for a 62mm lens hood on Amazon and you could also look at:-

Neewer 62MM Professional UV CPL FLD Lens Filter and Close-Up (+1, +2, +4, +10) Accessory Kit for Lenses with a 62mm Filter Size

also on Amazon.

Terfyn

For the VX1 have a look at:-

Neewer 62MM Professional UV CPL FLD Lens Filter and Close-Up (+1, +2, +4, +10) Accessory Kit for Lenses with a 62mm Filter Size

It's got a bit of everything.

How is Swansea? My daughter lives in Saundersfoot and I heard you had a bit of rough weather.:thumbsdow

stearman65

I would forget a UV filter stick with the protection filter. It's a well known fact modern cameras don't need UV filters. Get yourself a decent lens hood if you haven't got one.

Terfyn

Plenty to choose from.
Example:- Hoya 62mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter from Amazon.

12harry

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised folk use "UV Filters" anymore, as there is so much glass in a Zoom lens, UV should never get through.
Modern sensors are sensitive to IR, but finding one suitable, (to block IR, might be difficult)).
Certainly a protection filter . . . but this reduces the effect of OP's built-in lens hood. A feature of such a glass is to stop grit getting into the "shutter" - if this gets jammed ( by grit, etc.), it might be an expensive repair... .

FWIW, I fitted my camcorder with a 68-82 step-up ring - then bought 82mm rubber lens hood . . . these can collapse in stages . . .. The hood also takes an 82mm filter . . . . oddly, these are not particularly expensive, since they don't fit a Branded DSLR.
+ However, the whole looks pretty good - more like a Pro set-up.

For portraiture ( interviews?), An 82mm close-up lens makes looking-in very impressive..... The weakest one is best to use.... I think that's a 1/2 dioptre. =Not easy to find . . . . .

Cheers....H

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom