Usps Global Priority

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by sikersh, Jan 3, 2007.

1. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Just a query really, I bought a 20GB PS3 off US eBay recently, it has been sent via USPS Global Priority, the seller says it will take around 1-2 weeks and he has no tracking number due to his location.

I've read a few threads on here and people have said that the Global Priority parcels CAN be tracked is this true? Also, how long have people waited with Global Priority? and does it go through Parcel Force?

Thanks,
    Si

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    USPS Global Priority is 3-4 day delivery (Although my PS3 took about 8 days because of Customs) and it can definately be tracked.It sounds like he's charged you for Global priority and saved himself some money by sending it via normal international shipping.

3. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you.
    I've emailed him and asked him to look for a tracking number on the receipt he should have got.

What happened when it went to customs/Parcel Force? Did they ring you to let you know they had it or did they just deliver and then charge you?

Thanks,
    Si

4. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    If you incur charges they will send a letter out with the payment details but I just tracked it to my local depot and went down and paid the charges before i got the letter, Your seller should be obliged to give you a tracking number as it's very useful.

5. fishfash

fishfash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Did you get your tracking number ?

6. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    The seller says that from the location he posted my PS3 from (Athens, Georgia) he didn't receive a tracking number, but the other PS3 he sold on eBay to another eBayer did have one, but this was posted from Iron City, Georgia...he reiterated that it WAS sent by Global Priority, but there was no tracking number, just a receipt...I'll just have to wait and see when (if!!) it turns up, he said the Post Office said it should take a week to be delivered, so if it doesn't come for Friday I will ring ParcelForce.

Si

7. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Right, well its all gone t**s up :mad:

The seller sent me this email today:

Simon, I have bad news. Your PS3 went through US customs and was opened up before going overseas and now I am in a lot of trouble. I'm not allowed to ship internationally and they confiscated the PS3 and I have to pay a hefty fine. Please let me know what you would like to do to handle the situation.

I don't know if he's telling the truth, he didn't supply me with a tracking code and he wouldn't scan in the receipt for sending, so it looks like (in my eyes anyway) that he's tried to scam me...I did however pay through Paypal and have opened up a dispute console, just in case...and theres me thinking I'd be the proud owner of 20GB PS3 for £230 delivered :rolleyes:

Si

8. Dave2

Dave2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529

Yea this sounds fishy. It is unusual for customs to open this in the US very rare occasions and to confiscate an item that was sent via an individual is also weired ?!?.

I would reply to him and ask for a refund and get incontact witha soliciter for him self and i would aslo dispute this with paypal and ebay if it was via ebay.

9. just slackin'

just slackin'

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    dodgy as sin - i don't think he wanted to sell it to you at the price you won the item for.

as far as i am aware there is no reason why us customs would be interested in a ps3 which is heading overseas. sony don't want you to have an import console but i do not think us customs has any role in this. if there is then you as the person receiving the item should also be contacted by customs.

if i was you then i'd tell him you will contact us customs so ask for a reference number and contact details but i don't think he has sent it and i don't think that he has any plans to send it. that's just my opinion though.

10. Dave2

Dave2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Spot on.

Customs are very unlikley to keep any item unless its banned via government or its dangerous, aslong as any item has been paid tax on it in it within what ever country it is going to customs will not keep a hold of it more so going out of the country.

I think you are correct the guy had no intentions of doing this deal and has probably sold it for 2x as much.

11. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree 100%, I thought it would have been too good to be true at the time, but he DID sell x2 60GB PS3's for $776!! See here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330063320953

He's just sent me this:

Hi Simon, that's fine. And yes, I have paperwork. I'll issue you a refund within by this Friday. I'm sorry this happened. I'll keep you updated.

Eric

If he didn't want to sell for a low price he should have set a reserve instead of :censored: people around!! I have asked him to refund me today, as I don't trust him one little bit!! I've filed a dispute with Paypal/eBay just in case he decides not to refund me, so I'll just have to wait and see.

I've learned my lesson anyway, I'll wait for the UK PS3 now I think!! I've luckily got 3 Blu-rays that are not region coded, so least I didn't waste my cash on them!

Thanks,
    Si

12. Dave2

Dave2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529

I wouldnt be put off from buying another from ebay or even from an online retailer but it is up to you if you think waiting for a UK model would benefit you, if it is just for games they i would wait but if it is for films a region A would be better.

13. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've heard good stuff about VG+ and might get one from them whenever they have them next...how much do they sell them for with delivery? Do they avoid customs?

Thanks,
    Si

14. Dave2

Dave2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Im not sure of there price but i hear they are reasonable and 99% of the time i hear they dodge customs but that is always a chance you will get when importing :)

I would check there site daly as they get them in and sell fast :).

15. buster_broon

buster_broon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    tbh the tracking on global priority is poor

you can get a tracking number which begins with a C and ends in US, but you cannot track it once its left the US

Much the same as international recorded signed for, try and track it and all you get is this has entered our international post office for onward delivery or something

also i'm sure global priority offers limited tracking but zero insurance and after using the USPS global priority postal calculator you cannot add insurance to the price, all you can add is pick up or certificate of mailing

after checking USPS website, Global priority is limited to 4 pound parcels more or less the same as international recorded signed for 2kg's limit

the only options open to him are global express and airmail packets

how much was the postage and weight if any PS3 owners are reading?

16. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I paid around £70 for usps express and the package weighs just over a stone.

17. buster_broon

buster_broon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    so just over a stone

lets say 6.8kg's (15 pounds)

you have 2 options:
    EMS at $77 with full insurance £39.75

or

Global express guaranteed at $152.25 with full insurance £78.60

those prices are nased on insurance at $600 and using Global express the size of the parcel at 25x10x15

rough estimate but usps global priority is an impossible service due to the size of the package as the option isnt available to use it

18. fishfash

fishfash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Look at the feedback the seller left for the buyer who won these 2 PS3's.

"An understanding, and unusually intelligent buyer. A pleasure to work with. A+"

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=gavrick

19. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I told him yesterday to refund me by the end of today through Paypal and he said O.K. I have a VERY odd feeling he won't though, if not I have already opened a dispute console and I'm going to leave him very neg feedback and escalate the dispute if I don't get a refund by the end of today...if he was a decent seller and had a actual real excuse I wouldn't be as bad, but because he's just blatently taking me for a ride I'm not having any more!!

Si