Using your MP3's as ringtone?

philip birdi

Established Member
Reaction score
With all the mp3 music you have stored on your iphone can you use these as your ringtones as well?thanks

I havent got the iphone just yet but it will be unlocked for other networks so does this mean it will jailbroken as well or is jailbroken a different thing altogether?

Also i heard something called iringer does your phone have to be jailbroken to use iringer?

I used this method:
I found this the other day on a different site, works a treat for any tune you want:
1. Ctrl click the song that you want to make into a ringtone
2. Get info - options - choose start and finish time (less than 30 seconds) - ok
3. Ctrl click the song again and convert selection to AAC (make sure prefs - advanced - importing - using AAC is selected first)
4. When the new song has been converted and appears ctrl click and show in finder.
5. Ctrl click the file in finder - get info - change name and extension to end m4r (rather than m4a) (also make sure hide extension is not ticked in the same drop down ) Depending on your settings it may ask if you want to keep m4a or change to m4r, just confirm that you want to change the file to m4r and X out of the get info box.
6. Keep the finder file open and go back to iTunes, select the song in the library and delete it, but don't move the file to trash when asked select keep file instead.
7. Now go back to finder and double click the file and it will now appear in ringtones rather than back in your normal library.

Once you have done it a couple of times it is pretty quick. Plus you can take the middle of a song if you wish.

Hope this helps.

D

I havent got the iphone just yet but it will be unlocked for other networks so does this mean it will jailbroken as well or is jailbroken a different thing altogether?

Also i heard something called iringer does your phone have to be jailbroken to use iringer?

not as far as i know - its a windows prog. that converts and put them into itunes so you can sync with your phone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom