• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Using VCR as RF Modulator

wink1

Novice Member
Hi,
Be gentle I'm new here!
Because my Virgin digital box has no modulated RF outlet I have been using an old VCR to send both cable and terrestrial signals to tv sets in other rooms around the house.
The RF outlet now seems faulty, picture is breaking up and failing. I've connected the terrestrial aerial direct to the main tv and it's fine.
Can anyone please point me to a simple inexpensive RF Modulator which will do the job?
Thanks

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Many VCRs which folk are taking to the tip or recycling centre will have working RF modulators. They can also be picked up for peanuts at some charity shops or you could ask on your local Freecycle or Nextdoor site for an unwanted VCR, pointing out that even one where the tape playing mechanism is dicky will still be ok for your purposes.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Several at prices from around £10 to £80+.
Look up "RF Modulator" or "TV Modulator" or similar search term on Amazon, Ebay, Google etc.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom