Using two FloppyDTV tuners?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by julianmclean, Apr 30, 2007.

1. julianmclean

julianmclean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is anyone successfully using two Floppy/FireDTV tuners in their system? I just bought a second FloppyDTV and installed, using two full-package Sky viewing cards (multi-room). I couldn't find a way to just add another tuner, so I set TV again from scratch. MCE recognises that there are now two as it asks me durign setup how many I want to configure.

However, once channel scan is complete, etc I cannot get it to record one channel and watch another at the same time. It is giving me the usual one-tuner message box stating that another channel is recording and do I want to cancel it to watch a different channel.

Can anyone help me out - I've never used MCE with two "normal" tuners so I don't know what I should expect. I certainly expected to be able to watch/record, record/record and watch/watch (on extender) at the same time. I haven't missed something here have I?

2. sideysid

sideysid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Have you tried asking this on the firedtv forums? that would be the best place to find out the info.

3. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I am using two FloppyDTV tuners with Dragon CAMs & FTV cards. The system is running Vista Ultimate. All is working fine. Very occasionally changing to an encrypted channel gives a 'No TV signal' message but flipping back to an FTA channel & then back again it works.