Using Tivo with analog terestrial.

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Rob, Jan 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just picked up my Tivo last weekend. First impressions WOW, fantastic piece of kit. Already can't imagine life without it. Only problem I have noticed is that there is a kind of red glow around some objects some of the time. I'm wondering if this is because I'm only using analog terestrial at the moment. Presumably a Sky/ITV digital box would result in a better picture. The reception I get is first rate. Does anybody else suffer this problem??

Cheers Rob.

2. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds peculiar. Are you watching in PAL or RGB mode? Go into Settings on the TiVo and in SCART Settings try using "RGB and PAL" for the "Video output to TV" option - the default might be "PAL" only.

Failing that, try posting your question in the dedicated TiVo UK forum.

3. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks Milhouse,

Yeah, I'm already using RGB. I'll check out the TiVo forum to see if anybody else has had this problem. I've also noticed the picture is slightly softer than normal. Its easy to tell when I'm watching TV directly or through the box. Still a great piece of kit though. I think a digital feed would probably result in a better picture.

Regards Rob.