1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the TV speakers as the centre channel

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by trailer, Aug 28, 2005.

1. trailer

trailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Im in the market for an LCD TV. However, due to space restrictions and neatness I was thinking of using the TV speakers as the centre channel. Does anyone know of an HD ready 32 or 37" set that can accept the phono output (centre channel, split from mono to stereo) from an AV receiver and input this signal and then output this through the speakers?

Cheers

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    the philips do this.

Although couldn't you fit a little speaker in the same area? There might be issues with matching the tone, volume etc. Its really a convenience rather than quality solution

3. trailer

trailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I am currently running a B&W VM1 as the centre. Howver I have 3 shelves on the stand for my CRT at present.

With the purchase of the new TV I am looking to stand it on a low level wooden unit, more furniture like to fit in with the lounge. The low level unit will only have 2 shelves. I'll have to fit in the AV amp, Sky+ box and the DVD player already.

The only place for the B&W is on top of the unit in front of the TV.

:oops: