1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the speakers on a 42PD3000 as your centre speakers for surround sound

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pipjackson, Apr 21, 2004.

1. pipjackson

pipjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help.

I want to use the speaker on my Hitachi as my centre speaker for my surround sound for use when viewing DVDs. This is mainly for cosmetic reasons as the plasma has been integrated into the decor in my living room and I have built a floor to ceiling unit to house.

I am connecting my DVD to my surround amp using an optical connection.

There seems to be a centre speaker input socket on the Tuner for the plasma. I have read the manual in depth and cannot seem to solve this issue.

All advice and help welcomed.

Pip

2. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    If you do a search for 42PD3000 centre/speakers etc on here there is a post going back to September last year that says that you need to connect it to a pre-amp centre output on your amp, if you have one. I remember trying this last year when I had my screen but never got much of a result to be honest.

3. kenny.c

kenny.c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it needs a pre amp input but be warned it doesnt work to well! I tried and even with my amps centre feed turned right up the volume from the Panel was very low!!

You end up turning the panel volume right up to get anywhere near the level you need, then when you switch back to another input ie TV you end up bursting your ear drums!

I gave up in the end

C Ya

Ian

4. pipjackson

pipjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A call to Richer Sounds Technical support gave me the solution. Simple really, just take the wires from the speakers on the plasma and extend them and wire directly into the centre speaker input of the amp.

Finally if you do not want Coronation Street or Eastender is full surround sound you use a standard speaker two way switch box (Maplins) and wire back in to the speaker inputs on the back of the plamsa so you can watch TV through the stand speakers at the flick of a switch.