Using the sky plus box without a remote

Honor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the forum and I really hope someone can help. Our Sky plus box is faulty (we have had it confirmed it is not the remote) and we can't use the remote to control the box. While we are waiting for a new box etc I want to be able to watch things that are on the planner and so on. How do I use the sky box without using the remote? On the box are controls for recording, fast forward etc but nothing that is in place of the coloured buttons. Are these only available through the remote or is there a way I can access the planner (normally by pressing the green button) on the box rather than the remote?
Thanks loads for any help.

To access the planner press "play" - if you have not deleted the last recording you were watching or reset the box this will take you to that recording, "back up" will take you then to the planner and the arrow keys should enable you to navigate them and then use the "play" buttons etc.

Alternately press "TV Guide" and then set a recording (preferably a small programme if you do not actually want to record anything) this will take you to the planner and you can then navigate around it.:lesson:

Last edited:
One more question if anyone is able to help. I've figured out how to do everything apart from delete something off the planner. Any thoughts? Cheers.

One more question if anyone is able to help. I've figured out how to do everything apart from delete something off the planner. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Unfortunately no way - auto delete is the only thing when the hard disk gets full (deleting automatically the oldest viewed, and then oldest recordings that were not marked as "keep" before remote failed), but unfortunately without a remote you cannot mark recordings to "keep" either.

Last edited:
Alternately press "TV Guide" and then set a recording

The word is "alternatively". The word you used means switching between two alternatives.

E.g. "He hopped across the zebra crossing, stepping on black and white stripes alternately."

(Yes, off-topic but I hate how this American misusage is creeping into our language!) :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom