Using the same XBOX360 LIVE Membership on another 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by am90, Apr 26, 2007.

1. am90

am90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few days ago, my XBOX360 died (Three red lights and everything), so now I have to take it back and get it replaced. I had a 'XBOX360 LIVE Gold' membership on the console that stopped working, and I only just started a twelve-month membership a mere few weeks ago. Along with that, I had 1000points to spend, which I got free with the membership.

My question is, would I be able to use the same Gold account on my new console? I paid £40 for the Gold membership and even though I got them for free with the membership, I still want 1000 points to spend. But, I'm really not sure if I will be able to carry on with the same membership having been activated on another console beforehand.

Thanks for any assistance with this. :thumbsup:

2. tokwitney

tokwitney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I think you can because there is an option when you sign in to retrive a gamertag from xbox live.I presume this is so if you are playing on someone elses machine you can play using your own profile.
    When you have recovered gamertag you can go into your profile manager & enable the 'auto sign in' option.Then every time you switch on that tag should be 'signed in'.
    I think thats how it works...........

3. pixelpidgeon

pixelpidgeon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,785
    you should be ok. theres a procedure on the main dashboard allows you to re-download your account.

pixl

4. bananacat

bananacat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    just use the hard drive from the knackerd 360 then no need for recovering anything!!!!

5. nooly

nooly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I do this all the time. Like has been said, just go to recover gamertag.
    You`ll need to type in your gamertag along with your passport enabled email address and password. Easy. Takes a few mins to download, but then your away. Its a bit like a roaming profile on a microsoft network.

If your old xbox was still working and you tried to use the live account on there again, it would say your account is invalid and you need to recover. This stops people trying to use the same account in two xboxs.:thumbsup: